Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Car Alarm Problem Please HELP!

Old 12-02-2009, 10:32 PM
Default Car Alarm Problem Please HELP!

Ok, so this just started tonight. My girlfriend and I were at our jobs, but I'm her ride so she waits in my car til I'm done when she gets done before me. She used my keyless entry to unlock the doors and when she opened the passenger door, the alarm went off. I wouldn't stop for 2-3 minutes either. When I got off she told me what happened. Then we went to a grocery store and it happened again when she got out. I tried pressing the panic button on the keyless entry, but it wouldn't work. I also tried restarting the motor but to no avail. It only happens when you open the passenger door and when we left the store it went off again. We had to sit there until it stopped going off so that I didn't get pulled over on the way home. It was so embarrassing. Does anybody know what the problem could be? By the way, the car is a 1999 Sebring LXi.

Last edited by Duppep24; 12-02-2009 at 10:34 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:30 PM
Thumbs up Car Alarm Problem Please HELP!

I have a 1998 sebring convertible, and i found out the solutions to this problem because the same thing happen to me. All you have to do once you open the passenger door or the driver side door and the alarm goes off just shut the door which ever set the alarm off and use the key and lock and unlock the door and your problem is solve.

Old 01-24-2010, 05:29 PM
Default Car Alarm Problem Please HELP

Hey mate do you know where and what colour wires to connect the indicator wires from alarm to? so that indicators flash

Old 01-25-2010, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Duppep24
Ok, so this just started tonight. My girlfriend and I were at our jobs, but I'm her ride so she waits in my car til I'm done when she gets done before me. She used my keyless entry to unlock the doors and when she opened the passenger door, the alarm went off. I wouldn't stop for 2-3 minutes either. When I got off she told me what happened. Then we went to a grocery store and it happened again when she got out. I tried pressing the panic button on the keyless entry, but it wouldn't work. I also tried restarting the motor but to no avail. It only happens when you open the passenger door and when we left the store it went off again. We had to sit there until it stopped going off so that I didn't get pulled over on the way home. It was so embarrassing. Does anybody know what the problem could be? By the way, the car is a 1999 Sebring LXi.
Dont know about the 99,
but on the 97, if the alarm goes off you MUST use the key in the DRIVERS door to stop it. So my owners manual says...
Had it happen once (so far)