Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Chrysler Sebring Keyless Entry Remotes & Programming Instructions

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 01:53 AM
Default Chrysler Sebring Keyless Entry Remotes & Programming Instructions

What does your local dealer charge for Chrysler keyless entry remotes?

My local dealer wants $149 a piece plus $35 for programming for each of my cars (96 Sebring JXi, 96 New Yorker).

I'm curious to see what other dealerships are charging for new remotes and programming.

I'm done with ebay because the listings show new remotes, and 3 out of 3 times I've won - I end up with junk that doesn't work and won't program. First one was superglued together and cracked. Can't check the battery if you can't even open it. Second one was completely corroded inside from water and didn't work. The 3rd one only 1 button worked and it looked like someone tried to superglue the circuit board pieces back together. Each one was advertised as new, or like new and they obviously weren't anywhere close to that. The "Key less Ride" site is run by one of those same lying ebay sellers, so thats off the list too.

What does your local dealership charge? I bet there's some that want even more than what mine is charging.

Old 11-10-2005, 07:29 AM
Default RE: Chrysler Sebring Keyless Entry Remotes & Programming Instructions

I found another site online that I'm willing to give a shot - www.ThePartsYouNeed.com

The other "key less ride" site wants about $81 a piece with shipping for the 96 Sebring convertible remote.

They're 1/2 that price on ThePartsYouNeed site with the instructions included. I ordered 1 this morning.

https://www.thepartsyouneed.com/disp...?productId=818

I'll keep you guys posted. If it works good, I'm going to order one for my New Yorker as well.

Old 11-19-2005, 12:20 AM

I got my remote from ThePartsYouNeed.com in the mail today.

Programming was easy, took about 10 seconds. I can't believe a dealership would charge 1/2 hour of labor for a 10 second job. Thats a good way to lose customers.

Anyhow, the remote works great and when I went to put in an order for remote for the New Yorker I noticed I got free shipping, so I bought a 2nd remote for the Sebring and a pair for the NY'er. FINALLY I will have remotes that work and that I can use.

ThePartsYouNeed.com rocks!

Old 10-13-2007, 04:00 AM

I tried www.thepartsyouneed.com and get a list of other sites?
What is the URL from who you ordered from of the exact name of the company so I can find them.
Still looking for instructions on how to program the factory remote that came with my 2005 Chrysler Sebring Convert.
Thanks, Lee Armitage LEE@GJ.NET Cell 970-234-8989

Old 10-28-2007, 11:26 AM

I found a great site for this problem also. I recently purchased a 2003 sebring lx and the remote was missing. I found this site after a day of searching. The price is less than half of the dealerships and they give you complete programming instructions and tools needed. The site is called http://keylessride.com .