Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 T&C Power Seat Programming Instructions

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 12:37 PM
Default 2000 T&C Power Seat Programming Instructions

I lost my manual, and rather than spending the money for just ths one thing, I was wondering if anyone could give me detailed instructions on how to program the driver's side power seat into the van's memory, as well as sync them up with the key fobs (I have two fobs & need a different setting for each driver).

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Best,
Chris

Old 05-08-2007, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 2000 T&C Power Seat Programming Instructions

REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY (RKE) DATA LINK The MSMM interfaces with the BCM via a serial data link (single wire) The programming sequence to relate an RKE transmitter to the chosen seat, recliner and side view mirror positions consists of the following steps:[*]Adjust the seat, recliner and side view mirrors to the desired position.[*]Press momentarily and release memory selector switch S.[*]Press momentarily and release memory selector switch 1 or 2.[*]Press momentarily and release a LOCK button on an RKE transmitter.[*]To program the second driver's position, follow the previous sequence with a second transmitter.[*]To recall either of the programmed positions with an RKE transmitter, press momentarily and release an UNLOCK button on one of the programmed RKE transmitters. An unprogrammed RKE transmitter will have no effect on the system.[*]The BCM uses the serial data link (G87) to notify the module of a request from a programmed transmitter, that an UNLOCK button has been pressed. This UNLOCK request (from a transmitter associated with either switch 1 or 2) will activate the MSMM in the recall mode to the values that are stored in the MSMM's memory.[*]Whenever the MSMM receives a specific data stream from the BCM that involves the programming of a new transmitter into the RKE receiver, the MSMM will clear its nonvolatile memory seat and recliner values for both memory 1 and 2 and will default to a location consisting of seat track rearward, seat vertical risers down, and recliner forward in both memory 1 and 2. After this has occurred, the customer must reprogram their desired seat and mirror positions.[*]A recall is possible any time that the vehicle transmission is in PARK. This condition is monitored by the Body Control Module (BCM)[*]A ground placed on the serial data link by the BCM whenever the transmission is not in PARK, will inhibit a recall request from the door mounted memory switch 1 or 2 or the RKE receiver that was initiated by either of the validly programmed transmitters NOTE: The MSMM will abort a recall if the transmission is moved out of the PARK position or if any seat, recliner or memory selector switch is pressed. [/ol]

Old 05-08-2007, 09:09 PM
Default RE: 2000 T&C Power Seat Programming Instructions

Dude, THANKS a lot!! I knew it was SOME combination of these button, but I didn't know the right one (I kept pressing UNLOCK).

Thanks again!