Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

dealership cant even fix my car

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 11:08 AM
Default dealership cant even fix my car

99 ragtop sebring it been killing battery's left and right. new battery every month. now when i put in a new 95 dollar battery turn key on it kills the battery right then and there. i bought a code reader 0 codes brought it up to the dealership 0 codes there. they want 100+ bucks an hour to go through the hole system.and they said thats even if we can find the issue. i dont have that kind of cash. im at my wits end here only thing i can think of to is junk the car at this point. anyone have any ideas?

Old 07-30-2011, 02:46 PM
Super Moderator

I think u have a misleading phrase
"dealership cant even fix my car"
should it not say dealer WONT FIX MY CAR UNTIL I PAY THEM 100 AND HOUR?
As for your issue u will simply need to have some one do a battery off draw test and go through the whole car to see what is staring on and killing the battery. There is not one sure fire things for an issue like this.

U can have the dealer look at it for 100 and hour with the better skills and trained guys or spend 75 an hour at some other place and see how long it takes them to find it for ya. its your money your car your choice.

Old 07-30-2011, 04:46 PM

Not sure if this pertains to chrysler products, but I know it does with Ford.

Check your battery cables...Inside the casing the battery cable may be corroded. My buddy went through 3 batteries in a month. We found the cable corroded inside the casing.

Old 07-30-2011, 05:21 PM

no it should not say that. they even said they were dumb founded about it take your interweb toughness else were.
im just gonna send it to the junkyard were it belongs.

Old 07-30-2011, 05:38 PM

.....BYE........

Its amazing how the guy with the problem and no money is so quick to point out how unreasonable everyone ELSE is......

Its really simple....

Jabbar The caveman Builds Huts....He has All of the necessary skills and tools, and he Went to Hut Building School For 4 years.

He Charges Two Bearskins to build you a Premium Quality HUt.....

You either Give him the two bearskins, or you Sleep Out in the cold.....

Of course you could save a few bucks, and let Jabbars competition tie some twigs together for you...and only pay 1 Bearskin....But then , you have nobody to cry to when it blows away in the first rainstorm....Because Jabbar will no longer speak to you about HUTS.

Old 07-30-2011, 08:32 PM

Or, you could connect an ammeter in the battery circuit and start pulling fuses until the draw stopped. Then you could check the circuit protected by that fuse until you found the short.
If the car was ever in a collision, it's a reasonably good bet that some wiring damage at or near the collision point is a likely cause of the problem.
This stuff ain't rocket science, but it can be tedious. If you don't have the money to pay a high priced mechanic, then figure out how to do it yourself.

Old 07-30-2011, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator

"they want 100+ bucks an hour to go through the hole system.and they said thats even if we can find the issue. i dont have that kind of cash."
your words not mine how can a dealer be dumbfounded when in your own words they have not even looked at it correctly? I can read and comprehend what an issues is I do it every day. From my seat here u want some one to just tell u what it is well sorry it does not work that way with electrical drains it can be anything on that car keeping it alive and draining the battery.
Same goes with leaks hummm I have no idea where your leak is I am online and its in front of u not me.

Old 07-30-2011, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator

This is why I love my signature it holds true right here

Old 08-20-2011, 11:57 PM

The person above me needs to learn some grammar....Jesus.

Old 08-21-2011, 10:25 AM

Check the fuel pump relay,known to stick and fuel pump run constantly.