Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Diag doodad

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 09:42 AM
Default Diag doodad

A buddy is going to lend me his OBD I/II reader ... where is the diag connector on a 96 Sebring converitble 2.5l ?

Thanks !

Old 05-02-2007, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Diag doodad

under the dash near the knee panel either right or left side

Old 05-02-2007, 08:18 PM

ok ... first let me say that I am a techie and have always, since 18 Im now 44, been in a technical field. Data comm. Im very familiar with analytic thinking and troubleshooting. But I have yet to see any code produced on my vehicle help me troubleshoot and fix issues.

Now that Im off my soap box ..

I got a code PO1294. Not sure if correct .. have no docs at this time to cross check .. but from what I found on this forum and the web ...

1294 Can't get to target engine speed, check for vacuum leaks and idle speed motor issues.

Now. I figured that I may have vacuum leak. The reason is the feel of the car when I come to a stop. Feel kind of like a shutter. My Monte Carlo did this for some time due to vacuum issues.

So where do I go from here ?

Old 05-02-2007, 11:55 PM

I was searching the forum and found the run off, run off, run in 5 secs and the hold odometer reset thangy ... The first produced a blinking Check Engine Light.
1 blink
2 blinks
2 blinks
5 blinks
5 blinks
5 blinks
Code 122555 ? Huh ???

Then wiff the hold odie thangy ..
On odie got

"sof 0.1" then "check 1, 2, 3, 4" which seemed to run through a gauge check then idiot light check.

Apprec any feedback.

Old 05-03-2007, 01:06 AM
Super Moderator

i need last 8 of vin or year ,make and engine b4 i can give u any advise

Old 05-03-2007, 08:40 AM

VIN: 3C3EL45H6TT282708
Year: 1996
Make: Chrysler
Model: Sebring JX
Style/Body: Convertible 2D
Engine: 2.5L V6 SFI
Country of Assembly: MexicoThar ya go, Techy ....

Thanks

Old 05-03-2007, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

private message me an email and i will send u the pdf of the trouble tree for u

Old 05-03-2007, 01:16 PM

PM sent as requested.

Old 05-03-2007, 05:40 PM

I found this great step by step checking procedure when a code it thrown. Only prollum is that I dont know where all this stuff is .... anyone know of a site that will show me ?? Owners manual and Chiltons are on their way ... tks

When a fault code is exhibited by the engine computer, it is a good idea to perform this general inspection to make sure that the cause is not a loose wire or a dirty connection. Perform a visual inspection for loose, disconnected or misrouted wires and hoses before diagnosing or servicing the fuel injection system. A visual check saves unnecessary test and diagnostic time. A thorough visual inspection includes the following: 1. Check for correct spark plug cable routing. Ensure that the cables are completely connected to the spark plugs and distributor. 2. Check the ignition coil electrical connections. 3. Verify that the electrical connector is attached to the purge solenoid. 4. Verify that the vacuum connection at the purge solenoid is secure and not leaking. 5. Verify that the electrical connector is attached to the MAP sensor. 6. Check the MAP sensor hose (if so equipped) at the MAP sensor assembly and at the vacuum connection at the intake plenum fitting. 7. Check the alternator wiring connections. Ensure the accessory drive belt has proper tension. 8. Verify that the hoses are securely attached to the vapor canister. 9. Verify that the engine ground strap is attached at the engine and dash panel. 10. Ensure that the heated oxygen sensor connector is attached to the wiring harness. 11. Verify that the distributor connector (if so equipped) is attached to the harness connector. 12. Verify that the coolant temperature sensor connector is attached to the wiring harness. 13. Check that the vacuum hose connection at the fuel pressure regulator and intake plenum. 14. Ensure that the harness connector is securely attached to each fuel injector. 15. Check the oil pressure sending unit electrical connection. 16. Check the hose connections at the throttle body. 17. Check the throttle body electrical connections. 18. Check the PCV system hose connections. 19. Check the EGR system vacuum hose connections. 20. Check the EGR tube to intake plenum connections. 21. Inspect the electrical EGR transducer solenoid electrical connector. 22. Ensure that the vacuum connections at the electrical EGR transducer is secure and not leaking. 23. Check the power brake booster and speed connections. 24. Inspect the engine harness to main harness connections. 25. Check all automatic transaxle electrical connections, if so equipped. 26. Check the vehicle speed sensor electrical connector. 27. Inspect the PCM electrical connector(s) for damage or spread terminals. Verify that the 60-way connector is fully inserted into the socket of the PCM. Ensure wires are not stretched or pulled out of the connector. 28. Check the air conditioning, starter, automatic shutdown relay, fuel pump, and radiator fan relay connections. 29. Check the battery cable connections. 30. Check the hose and electrical connections at the fuel pump. Ensure that the connector is making contact with the terminals on the pump.

Unquote