Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Door locks, Chime & Display

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 11:48 PM
Question Door locks, Chime & Display

My car door locks keep trying to lock and my chime keeps sounding even though I have pulled the fuse for the door locks. I also see the words deck and door alternating above the mileage above the odometer. I pulled the accessory fuse that a dealer would pull if the car was to sit in the lot (so that the battery would not go dead while waiting to be sold).
The car had a ripped top. I replaced it but I believe this is a consequence of water that leaked in the car. The cars amplifier (located under the passenger seat) was damaged by rain water.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:13 AM

I wonder what kind of car this is we are talking about? One can gather that it's a convertible, and probably a Sebring but as to the year and mileage, one can only guess. Other than a long recitation of problems and a likely explanation of the source of those problems, there doesn't seem to be any question posed, so it would be impolite to attempt to answer a non-question. One might make the observation, however, that modern vehicles have been designed and built with a significant capability to store and make available a very wide variety of electrical fault codes which can be read with the proper equipment. These codes cover many aspects of the vehicle's operation including door locks, entertainment systems, climate control, not to mention engine and transmission operation, etc., etc., etc.
A savvy owner, armed with that knowledge would therefore consider it a worthwhile endeavor to visit an establishment equipped with sopisticated computerized diagnostic equipment to see if perhaps there might be some guidance obtainable there for focusing in on certain areas of the car that might have been damaged due to unwanted water intrusion resulting in electrical anomalies.
Or, one could invite perfect strangers to offer their best guesses.

Just sayin'.