Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

drivers mirror replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 05:48 PM
Default drivers mirror replacement

My wife has a 2005 convertible limited that she clipped the plastic cover of the driver's side mirror, then I backed into with a chair to break the glass. How tough is it to replace, I see no fasteners?

Old 07-23-2007, 07:55 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: drivers mirror replacement

want to replace the whole mirror or just the glass?

Old 07-24-2007, 07:23 AM

Whole deal, would be the preferred way to go, if managable. I read your help to another fellow and it involved removing the interior door panel with a special tool. If anything special is required, please direct me to a source.

Thans for your help.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:36 AM
Super Moderator

REMOVAL [ol][*]Remove side view mirror cover (Side View Mirror Cover).[*]Remove the door trim panel (Refer to 23 - BODY/DOOR - FRONT/TRIM PANEL - REMOVAL) .[*]Disconnect power window mirror motor wire connector, if so equipped.[*]Disengage wire harness grommet from mirror flag, if so equipped.[*]Disconnect manual mirror adjuster from side mirror cover, if so equipped.[*]Remove nuts attaching side view mirror to mirror flag (Side View Mirror).[*]Remove side view mirror from vehicle.[/ol]
REMOVAL Door panel
[ol][*]Roll door glass down.[*]Disengage two clips attaching speaker grille to door trim panel. They are at the front of the grille, one near the top, and the other one at the bottom.[*]Remove three large washer-headed screws surrounding the speaker (Lower Door Trim Panel Removal).[*]Remove access cover at front of door trim panel. Remove by prying at its rear edge (Mirror Bezel and Door Trim Access Cover).[*]Remove red courtesy reflector from lower tail or door. Disengage by prying at screwdriver notch at bottom of reflector.[*]Remove flag trim panel from door by prying off at two attachment clips points (Mirror Bezel and Door Trim Access Cover).[*]Remove seven screws attaching door trim panel to door: (Lower Door Trim Panel Removal) and (Mirror Bezel and Door Trim Access Cover).[*]One screw is located at lower rear screw pocket.[*]Three screws located along the bottom of door.[*]One screw located inside handle opening.[*]One screw located at the upper front.[*]One screw in the pull cup. [/ol][*]Disengage two hidden clips attaching at the rear of the trim panel, by prying off at two attachment clip points.[*]Lift trim panel upward and away from door, disengage trim panel from upper retainer channel.[*]Disengage clip attaching latch linkage to back door handle.[*]Disconnect electrical connectors as necessary, including lower foot light, If equipped.[*]Remove door trim panel from door. [/ol]

Old 07-24-2007, 09:35 AM

Thanks dude,

Step one, remove side view mirror cover, seems kind of simplified. Does it just clip on? Where are the points I should focus pressure?
What is the best tool, flat blade screwdriver?

Old 07-24-2007, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator

trim stick or trim removal tool a screw driver might bend the plastic

Old 07-24-2007, 11:42 AM

Where can I get a trim stick?

Thanks for your time and efforts.

Old 07-24-2007, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator

auto parts store