Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

electric drivers seat

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 05:27 PM
Default electric drivers seat

I posted this a couple weeks ago on the tech site and have not had any reply, so I thought I would try here.

I am attempting to fix the driver’s electric seat in a 97 T&C van. The seat (and the drives mirror) always moves to the prior owners setting whenever to vehicle is unlocked with either of the two key fobs. I have reset both fobs according to the owner’s manual directions, however, it will not hold the new settings in the systems memory, and the seat still moves all the way back each time. My son suggested unplugging the fuse to disable the seat, but I noticed the circuit also controls the door locks. We thought about unplugging the motor; however I don’t want to risk disabling any safety items.

Is there any simple way to clear the memory for the seat settings?

Any assistance would be much appreciated

Old 11-02-2007, 06:12 AM
Default RE: electric drivers seat

I know this is old...but I am having this issue as well. Is there anyone out there that would point me in the right direction?

Old 11-02-2007, 02:33 PM
moe
Default RE: electric drivers seat

hi guys i'm telling you you have to follow this to the T it will help with setting you memory..let me know..moe!! MEMORY SELECTOR SWITCHES
The memory selector switches are mounted on the driver's door trim panel within easy reach of the driver. They provide a means to set or recall either of two positions of seat and recliner, and the side view mirrors as chosen by the driver.
The inputs from these switches to the memory seat/mirror module is a ground level signal.
[*]Adjust the seat, recliner and side view mirrors to the desired position.[*]Press momentarily and release memory switch S.[*]Press momentarily and release memory switch 1 or 2. Do NOT press any switches for 10 seconds.[*]To program the second driver's position, follow the above sequence.[*]To recall either of the programmed positions momentarily press and release either memory selector switch 1 or 2. [/ol]
DEFINITION OF: MOMENTARILY AND RELEASE
The memory seat/mirror module has switch input timing requirements of a minimum press momentarily time of 250 milliseconds followed by a maximum hold time of 5 seconds, followed by a maximum release time between steps of 5 seconds that must be met for proper operation of the system.