Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

engine missfire after plug change

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 12:04 AM
Default engine missfire after plug change

Hi, newbe here! I have a 2001 sebring with a mit 3.0. I changed pugs and wires this weekend, but when I started up afterward the engine misfires. I was very careful but with nothing seeming wrong, took intake off a second time to check everthing. seemed fine all wires making good contact, firing order correct ,I have a book and could see the numbers on the coil packs. I used NGK iridium BKR6EIX and autolite professional wires. Before car ran fine, just came back from long trip 29mpg. I was geting a service engine soon light, and it coded the egr system. So, while I had the intake off, I took off the egr valve and cleaned it and put back on with new gasket, hoping to save some money, but could change out later if needed. I disconnected the fuel pump under the rear seat and started engine to releive pressure bfore starting. This is what the book said to do, I really don't know why.Now the engine misfires HELP...thanks

Old 12-14-2006, 02:33 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: engine missfire after plug change

need to have some one check the misfire monitors and see which cyl is missing. U could have also misplased the wires nething could be wring u will just haft to relook at it again. This is one issue why there are problems some people dont know how to work in there own car not like the old days. The new cars are much more picky to how things go and are installed.

Old 12-15-2006, 02:03 AM
Default RE: engine missfire after plug change

It was a crosswire issue. I went by a book that showed the right part of the coil as 5-3-1. I could not see the coil pack completely but when I took out the battery and looked closely at the coil pack, It was 3-5-1. It was a misprint...thanks