Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Fellas, could Jiffy Lube have done this?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 06:21 PM
Default Fellas, could Jiffy Lube have done this?

I previously posted here: https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/...6516#post36516

Well, my fiance didn't make it home without AAA. His mom and I had to drive to where she was since her platinum AAA tows further than 10 miles. As soon as we got there, he said the coolant was boiling, but that it was more like air than heat-boiling, You bet I started swearing like a sailor and hoped, without much hope, that it's anything but a head gasket.

I had it checked out, and sure enough, it is. A patch job night be able to be done on it tomorrow for almost every dollar we have to get us through from now to next payday (like literally, with the estimate we got, we'll have less than $10 with which to buy food and gas, and thank god we use cloth diapers and I nurse because disposables and formula we couldn't definitely not afford). Replacing the head gaskets is looking to cost close to a grand for labor, plus another $400 for the gasket set. If only we were rich. If only hamburger wasn't a feast. Then maybe we wouldn't be so worried.

Now it's not just us thinking it's kind of...ironic...that the car runs fine, just a tad sluggish from needing an oil change. So it gets the oil change and then the gasket leaks. Ironic timing or possibly something they did? Now I know that if it's something they did, that it's still on us to fix/replace/whatever right now, but I'd still like to know.

I'm coming across more composed now than I feel. My fiance has to quit his job because he now has no way to work and we can't afford to fix the car. To get a paycheck in 2 weeks he has to work. He can't get to work. We have a new baby. You can see why this is extremely bad for us.

Old 04-20-2010, 08:36 PM

I can't think of any possible way that changing the oil could cause the head gasket to blow. There's no connection.
Rather than pouring all that money into this car, look for an old beater that runs that you can get really cheap. At least your friend can get to work.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:18 AM

i dunno i heard alot of bad stuff about places like tat like e z lube... ppl always come out wit diff problems wit there cars....

Old 04-27-2010, 10:48 PM

That's why I don't go to places like that. I do all of my own work so I can only hold myself responsible.