Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

front door panel speakers

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 04:33 PM
Default front door panel speakers

Does the grill come off of the speakers in the front doors of an 01 sedan? Or do I need to take off the entire door panel to do that? If I need to take the entire door panel off how is that done?

Old 09-08-2010, 06:36 PM

You need to remove the door trim panel. Before you start, get a set of trim tools. They are plastic prying tools that will make the job infinitely easier and save much aggrivation caused by damage to the panel from using the wrong tool. They'll set you back less than 10 bucks and are worth their weight in gold.

Lower the window
Disconnect the battery (under the hood, left side of the car, there's a remote disconnect for the battery. Unscrew the nut, pull off the wire from the post, slip the plastic loop over the post, hold it down with the nut. Very slick.
In the arm rest grip cup, there's a little square cover. Pry it open and remove the screw under there.
Same thing in the recess for the inside handle.
Remove the screws along the bottom of the trim panel.
Remove the screw holding the inside door handle.
Now use the trim tool to gently pry at each clip holding the door panel to the door around the perimeter of the panel.
When all the clips and screws are off, Lift the panel UP to get it off the door. DON'T pull it out. Lift it UP.
Tip the top of the panel away from the door to access the linkage for the door handle and lock button. Disconnect those.
Unplug the wiring harnesses.
That should get you full access to the speaker.

Old 09-08-2010, 09:56 PM

LOL....Don't put Chrysler speakers back the holes. Buy some good replacements.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:39 AM
Default bone tools

Well crutchfield is sending me a new head unit so hopefully a bone tool is included otherwise im goin to the auto store to buy one. Boston Acoustics 6.5" components are going into the holes in the front. Dunno where the tweet is going to go yet but I got an adapter plate that has a mounting spot so we will see.

Old 09-09-2010, 12:32 PM

Harbor Freight Tools sells a couple of different sets of trim tools. They are helpful in removing the bezel from around the radio head unit as well. Start by popping the bottom of the bezel away from the dash using your fingers. Finish with the trim tool.

Do you have tweeter openings in your instrument panel at the top near the '"A" pillar?

Last edited by dcotter0579; 09-09-2010 at 12:37 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:13 PM

yes there are 3.5" holes in the top for something to go in them. Do you think that is where I should be putting the tweets for the components? The master sheet crutchfield sent me tells me how to disassemble everything to put in the goods but it also told me there is no aftermarket radio antennae hookup for this sucker. Is the stock one going to fit in an aftermarket radio? I appreciate the help guys sometimes this forum is lacking in responses and I am glad to be getting hard solid fact.

Old 09-10-2010, 01:03 PM

The antenna connection is pretty standard across the industry. Pull out your stock radio and take a look. Compare it to whatever you're planning to buy. I have no idea what you are considering for your replacement and am not in any position to offer opinions in that regard.
As to the tweeter location, that's where Chrysler puts the Infinity speakers, and I would assume there's a reason for it. Maybe it has something to do with bouncing the sound off the hard surface of the windshield. Check to see if there is a wiring harness connection there. It might save you some stringing of wire. The Infinity amplifier is located under the passenger seat. Check to see if you have a wiring connection there, too. When you get your system up and running, come back and give us a full report. This forum is for learning. We're all learning here.