Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

guys help please

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 01:05 AM
Default guys help please

i just installed a remote car starter. i dindt finish it because i cant find the exact location of my tach wire. on my diagram it says that is in powertrain control module, and the color is white/brown. i access the pcm but i coulnd't find that color. and also maybe you have an idea also of the wire color of ignition from skimm immobulizer? those 2 wires are the last wires that i need to hook up. so i can test the remote start if it will run. please guys help me..

pls tell me the location of tach wire and color and for the immobulizer also. thanks in advance.. more power

Old 11-17-2012, 04:13 AM
Super Moderator

need to know year make and model of car with engine size

Old 11-17-2012, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
need to know year make and model of car with engine size
sir my car is serbring 2002. v6 2.7 liter 24 valve.. thanks

Old 11-17-2012, 05:59 PM
Super Moderator

there is not a tach wire its a PCI bus network the speedo,tach, coolant and anything else u see on the cluster is voltage on a single wire bus network

Old 11-17-2012, 07:30 PM

See if you can find some info here:

2002 sebring wiring info

Old 11-17-2012, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
there is not a tach wire its a PCI bus network the speedo,tach, coolant and anything else u see on the cluster is voltage on a single wire bus network
sir i dindt get you., sorry about that.. this is my first time to do it, i only have a few idea on the diagram i just tried it myself. in my diagram that came from prostart the tach wire is located at powertrain control module which is white brown. il try to check and there is no white brown on pcm.. where i can connect the tach wire? the polarity of tach wire is AC according to pro start diagram, i check also my ignition coil it has only 2 wires green and black if im not mistaken. il try to connect it to black but still nothing happen.. the last 2 wires that i need to connect is tach and iginition on my skimm immobulizer. sorry for my ignorance.. hope to here from you again.. thanks more power

Old 11-17-2012, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by dcotter0579
See if you can find some info here:

2002 sebring wiring info
sir i already try to connect there but still nothing happen. it has 2 wires in my coil. its green and black.. i tried to connect it on black but it didnt work maybe you have an idea pls help me.. thanks in advance, have a good one

Old 11-18-2012, 06:40 PM

Go back to where you bought that starter system and ask them how to hook it up. If you can't do that, go to a place where they install remote starters for a living and either pay them to finish the job or make friends with the technicians (bring a box of doughnuts) and get their advice.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by dcotter0579
Go back to where you bought that starter system and ask them how to hook it up. If you can't do that, go to a place where they install remote starters for a living and either pay them to finish the job or make friends with the technicians (bring a box of doughnuts) and get their advice.
thanks for the advice sir, i just want to give it a try by myself. the installing here in canada is too expensive though!

Old 11-19-2012, 05:27 AM

Pretty sure you should go with the green wire. I went to install a tach on an older vehicle and had the same two choices, green or black. The green was what needed to be hooked up in order for it to work. Not 100% sure, but if you have 2 wires, and one doesn't work, odds are the other will! I've never hooked up a remote starter, but if all that's holding you back is that wire i'd try it out. Wish i had more advice to give you.

Quick Reply: guys help please