Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

HELP NEEDED! What part, where does it go? (with pic)

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 06:52 PM
Default HELP NEEDED! What part, where does it go? (with pic)

Hi! Hoping someone can help me by telling what this strap is, and where it goes. In the process of replacing the timing chain (2002 Sebring Limited Convertible w/ 2.7L) I had to remove the passenger side engine mount (front of engine)...and this seeeemed to come out with it. Note that I am NOT saying it is part of the mount.. none of the bolt holes line up / are spaced for it. It has "459AB" stamped into it, and "411" after that with a big space in between. I have looked through the FSM pics, and have tried to find it by that number (with and without the 411) doing online Chrysler parts sites, but no luck.

Will some please tell me where this goes? Thanks much.

Attached Thumbnails HELP NEEDED! What part, where does it go? (with pic)-sebring-strap-unknown-part.jpg  
Old 04-20-2017, 09:58 PM

Looks sort of like a lifting strap, although it's kind of small; may be there only to facilitate assembly at the factory. It also looks like it was bolted down at only one end (no bolt impression at the other end in the pic anyway). It might be worth a trip to a U-pick-it junkyard to check out an exemplar vehicle to see if you can find where it goes.

Old 04-21-2017, 05:00 AM
Thumbs up Good thought!

THANKS for the QUICK and insightful response, dcotter! Very observant about it only being bolted at one end... I had noticed that, but didn't think it through as you did, which brought you to the possibility of a lifting point. Makes a lot of sense. Good idea about going to a you-pick-it. I think I'll do that, and let you know if you are as brilliant as I am thinking that you are! Thanks, again! David

Old 04-21-2017, 05:57 PM
Default SOLVED! Yes, it's a lift strap

Well, dcotter, you hit the nail on the had, thank you! You ARE as brilliant as I suspected! Seriously.
After I responded to your reply, I looked at the front engine mount area on my car....there is a large bolt at the very top of the timing cover, and it's right in the center of the engine. It is one of 3 large bolts that secures the timing chain cover. Looked veeeeery promising re your thoughts.
Went to a you-pick-it, and sure enough, that's where the strap/ bracket is. Yes, quite apparent that it is a lifting strap. See attached pic from the you-pic(k)-it yard.
THANKS so much for your help. You get a gold star AND a beer (?) or three if you are in Sarasota, FL....
David

Attached Thumbnails HELP NEEDED! What part, where does it go? (with pic)-sebring-lift-bracket.jpg  
Old 04-21-2017, 08:08 PM

Thanks for your kind words. We do the best we can with what we've got. I'm in Michigan so go ahead and drink that beer for me.

Old 04-22-2017, 09:27 AM

I didn't have any beer so I drank your Vodka instead, dcotter! LOL My "kind words" were /are well deserved... Hope your weekend is great, and thanks again for the insightful answer. David