Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

help please

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 07:10 PM
Angry help please belt issues after changing ps pump.

i just change power steering pump and belts but when i turn on ac the belt squeal. i try to re tighten the belt but still squeal, does anyone have an idea if where the squeal come from? im thinking might be the harmonic balancer but im not sure. my car is sebring 2002 sedan with 2.7 engine. feedbacks appreciated! thanks in advance guys,.

Last edited by monchito_yeyeye; 07-21-2014 at 08:30 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:26 AM
Super Moderator

i try to re tighten the belt

How are u doing this? The PS pump has its own tightening system and the AC has its own as well so feel each belt u don't want more then 1/2 inch slack in it if its not that tight then do it again.

Old 07-22-2014, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
i try to re tighten the belt

How are u doing this? The PS pump has its own tightening system and the AC has its own as well so feel each belt u don't want more then 1/2 inch slack in it if its not that tight then do it again.
i change also the belts serpentine and ps belt after replacing the ps pump then i notice last night. that if i turn on my AC the belt squeal im thinking might be the ac compressor clutch but im not sure,

Old 07-22-2014, 02:57 PM
Super Moderator

no your belt is not tight enough the clutch does not make noise like that

Old 07-22-2014, 04:46 PM

no your belt is not tight enough the clutch does not make noise like that
really thanks, il try to adjust it again. but why the belt squeal if i turn on the ac specially when its cold like first start in the morning?

Old 07-23-2014, 09:29 AM
Super Moderator

did u have a belt noise before u removed that belt to replace the pump?
If you did not the only thing that u changed was the belt and how tight it is simple common sense U don't have it as tight as it was with the old belt.

Old 07-23-2014, 09:43 AM

did u have a belt noise before u removed that belt to replace the pump?
If you did not the only thing that u changed was the belt and how tight it is simple common sense U don't have it as tight as it was with the old belt.
ya i do, i had the belt squeal and replace all the belt but still the noise is there., so it happens that i need to replace may PS pump then its gone but after i replace it, i notice that if i turn on AC the belt squeal again. im thinking of changing the belt again into factory belt. do you have any idea of what is factory belt for my car or whats the good one to use? thanks

Old 07-23-2014, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator

Gates how also are u tightening the belt up the 2.7 in a pain to do it because its manual

Old 07-23-2014, 06:54 PM

Gates how also are u tightening the belt up the 2.7 in a pain to do it because its manual
sir what do you mean its manual?

Old 07-23-2014, 11:41 PM
Super Moderator

Manual where u use a 1/2 ratchet to hold the tension and then tighten the two 13 mm bolts to hold the correct tension.

Quick Reply: help please