Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

HORRIBLE DOOR NOISE

Old 06-30-2005, 09:14 PM
Default HORRIBLE DOOR NOISE

Ok guys.... Im a Turbo Buick nut and Im working on my girl's car... she has a seabring obviosly.... her driver side door is making a terrible noise when she opens only.... it seems to come from the piece at the very bottom of the door where the door meets the jam...i can take a pic if it helps diagnose the problem

Old 07-01-2005, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: HORRIBLE DOOR NOISE

WD-40 for squeeks and rust. Are there any signs of damage?

-Matt-

Old 07-01-2005, 07:20 PM

LOL thats what I was going to say:

WD40

you can get 3 huge cans ( the really BIG cans ) at COSTCO for I think 9.00

Awsome deal. Even if your car doors hood and trunk don tmake noise it wouldnt hurt to give them a shot every once in a while, it just makes opening and closeign really smoth and slick I think Ill do mine this weekend so I can crack open a new can!

PS I had a Grand National when I lived in NY, I loved it, I still miss that car. It got stolen right in front of my house. If you see it send it to me in AZ ill trade my sebring for it LOL.........

I dont know that I would becuase the sebring to some degree is a cooler car because its a convertable. The Grand National just looks bad *** and is fast as hell. Two both very cool cars!

Old 07-01-2005, 10:16 PM

You guys are all wrong!!!! I Got this one.... you guys can take a break... hopefully I'm right... 1 of 2 things... If it's an obnoxious pop/clank sound,.. it's this gay little black piece in there. It either needs to be replaced or removed... replacing it would stop all noise from ever coming back... removing it actually makes it worse if you dont keep it well oiled... Or if the car was in a wreck, it could have thrown the alignment of the chasis off a little,.. which would actually make this horrible squeking/ grinding noise.. it's awful... your best bet is to check the little black thing if it pops.. if you need another one,... let me know.. a guy is sending me both of them...you can have one if you want it.. the passenger side one goes out about 3 months later... let me know... What year is it?

Old 01-15-2006, 11:16 PM

have you tried sprayin the hell out of it with some wd-40 thats what i had to do

Old 01-16-2006, 03:00 PM
ace

its the door check strap most likely if you dont get it fixed sooner or later the thing is gonna break and if your lucky it will just seperate if not then you will need somebody that can weld to patch the hole it pulled from the door
they can run ya anywhere from 20.00 if your lucky up to 85.00 on ther high end if i had the year i could tell ya for sure.

good luck

ps if ya remove it and the wind gets ahold of your door its gonna get very pricey to fix it