Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Im all ears .....

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 01:29 PM
Default Im all ears .....

Ok ...
Champion Plugs put in a few days before the stuff below.
Rotor and Dist. Cap on not too much of a problem.
Valve covers. Done ... not too much of a problem. No leaks that I can see right now.
Egr valve and transducer. ...no problems other then terrible design / placement.

I also used the plenum from the wreck. I checked autozone to see if the sensors where the same for the 96 and 97 model year. All but the Air intake temp sensor were the same. I used that 96 sensor on the 97 plenum. I also used the throttle body from the wreck and its IAC motor and TPS.

Car .. well the car is doing the same thing ... I needed to all of this anyway, but my work did not correct the issue.

The car runs ok for about five minutes.
Gradually, hesitation increases. As it increases idle becomes irradic.
Eventually (probably after 7 or 10 minutes), when stopping at a light or stop sign, intermittently rpms will drop very low, the Oil light comes as the car stalls or it comes back up to about 7 or 8 thousand rpms. If it stalls, it hard starting it again, but it does go over after a few tries. If it doesnt stall, and I step on the gas to pull away, I get a "dead spot" ... hit gas but goining no where. spitting sputtering ...

The check engine light is NOT illuminated .... going to put a OBD II on it now see if that'll tell me anything.

All of this started when I had a mechanic do wires and plugs.

Anyone have anything like this cooking ?

Old 07-31-2007, 09:26 PM
Default RE: Im all ears .....

Humm no responses ....

Well the update ..

You may remember that the I had posted previously that the fuel and brake lines were in bad shape. No lie. The fuel lines started sweating fuel as soon as I started to rub away rust. Anyway, my neighbor has an inline fuel gauge so we rigged something up with the broken fuel line and got 48 psi which according to Chiltons is within spec. But I still went ahead with the fuel line and fuel filter replacment. Im contemplating also doing the fuel pump while the tank is out of the car. Thnik Id be foolish not too.I have one from the wreck too; guess I ll put them both up on the web site.

Getting the fuel lines up through the engine compartment is going to be a neat trick .. doing it in the driveway .. but ... Ill get it done.

Next up, testing of all sensors and fuel injectors.