Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Driver-Side Window Problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 05:29 PM
Default Driver-Side Window Problems

Okay, this is kinda puzzling me... The driver's side window leaves a 1/8" gap between it and the seal on the rear window, you can see, hear, and feel air going through it.. It's kinda of annoying... The passnger side is just fine, nice and tight. Is there anyway to adjust the windows? How do I tell if it's the front window that is too far out or the rear window that is too far in?

Also, on occasion, the front window will come out of track while it is being raised...

The rear window does not always go all the way up, sometimes stopping about 1/2" from the top... Push the button again and it goes though...Also, it appears that the driver's side rear window does not go as high as the passenger side, atleast justding by the way they fit to the top when it's down...

This is all just driving me nuts! Someone help me out...

Old 08-03-2007, 12:11 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Driver-Side Window Problems

what year?

Old 08-03-2007, 04:03 PM

2000 - sorry, guess I was in a hurry...

Old 08-04-2007, 01:10 PM

You need to take the door panel off, there are a few screws and clips, behind the door panel on the upper outside corner is a nut that I think holds the track in place (after the panel is off, raise and lower the window, you will see the nut I am talking about move around). Chances are it is loose. This seems to be a design flaw as I have had to tighten it on our Sebring a few times over the years.

Old 08-06-2007, 01:12 PM

That was it for the front window. That nut you were talking about was totally AWOL... I just rummaged around and found another one to replace it... Works perfectly now...

Still left me with the gap and the rear windo problem... I decided to just go for it and remove the rear panel as well and see what was up... The window stops were at the lowest setting, so I allowed the window to come to the top and retightened the stops, that helped a little, but the main thing was that the window was set as far to the inside as it could be, so I kicked it out a little bit and tested everything - seals great now... Much quieter ride now, I love it!

Thanks for the help guys...

Next thing I want to do is get a windscreen... How well do the factory ones work?