Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Installing HID/disable DRL

Old 01-18-2010, 01:35 PM
Default Installing HID/disable DRL

Anyone installed HID headlights on thier Sebring?

It looks like an easy conversion except that the DRLs are on the high beam. Is there a kit to bypass the DRL or can we just disable the DRL?

Personally, if I could I would 'move' the DRL to the low beams, but not sure hwo easy that would be.

Old 02-11-2010, 01:53 AM

Easiest thing I think would be to just disable the drl's all together. I've found from other forums that that's the best bet. I've started to do a little research on the topic of H.I.D.S for my car but just don't have the cashola to be serious about it. I'm lucky though my car doesn't have drl's so i don't have to worry bout that.

Old 02-13-2010, 04:00 AM

That's what it looks like. I am not sure a dealer will turn off a legally mandated safety feature, though, so I may have to figure out how to disable them myself.

What I am finding is that HID installers are putting them in the low beams to get around the DRL.

This explains why lots of cars out there can't dim thier highbeams, they effectively have 2 sets of highs and no lows...