Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Led replacements for my 2005 Sebring.

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 05:54 AM
Question Led replacements for my 2005 Sebring.

Hi everyone.

Once again I need your help

The thing is that I'm looking to replace some of the lights on my car to led lights. (such as the turn signals, tail lights, third brake light and so on)

I've tried to find a website that sells all the different types I need
(PY27, W5W, P27, and W16W) but haven't been able to.

Also the few led lights I've found cost in the neighbourhood of 60 dollars...I find this quite expensive.

Does a led light actually have to cost this much?

Is there anyone here who can help me find a place (web shop with international shipping) that sells all of the above listed types of lamps as led's?

As always I'm very thankful for all the help I may get.

Have a nice day
/Roger

Last edited by joe_dirt; 01-31-2010 at 05:59 AM.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:12 PM

You might try this place:

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/

Let us know of any success you attain.

Old 02-02-2010, 02:13 PM

I contacted streetbeatcustoms through their live chat and found out that they only ship witihin the U.S. and to Canada. Thanks for the tip though.

Therefor I have now spent the last couple of evenings browsing through different websites from the U.S, Germany, Sweden, Japan, you name it in search of led lights for my car.
I've found that most places charge somewhere around 60 bucks for a pair of P27 led's (or 3157 which I've managed to find out that they're also called).

Now another question has come up.
I have managed to find some led replacements that are cheaper and some that are pretty much so cheap that I suspect that they are more or less pure garbage.
The thing I'm wondering about now is whether there may be a noticeable difference in quality between a pair of led's for 55 bucks such as these:

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/ADS...-Pair-LED/147/

and a pair of led's for 36 bucks, such as these:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...315x-x18-T.htm

I particularly like superbrightleds.com since they offer a very cheap shipping option which would cost me only 5$ (perhaps not the "safest" shipping method since they put the led's in an envelope and mail it without insurance and the possibility to track it, but still -It's cheap )
I'm thinking of maybe placing a "test order" with them to start with.
One pair of 3157's just to be sure that it'll look good on my car.

I may seem picky about this whole "finding the right led" matter but I kind of want to be sure about this before I order a couple of hundred dollars worth of led lights for my car.

Old 02-02-2010, 08:29 PM

The test order sounds like a good idea. Evaluate them in all kinds of ambient light situations. Something might look good at night but not show up well in daylight. If you don't like the effect, you can always sell them on eBay.

Old 02-03-2010, 01:37 PM

I have now placed my order for a pair of 3157's from https://www.superbrightleds.com/
I chose their cheapest shipping option and landed on a total of $40.90.

Now I'll sit back, rub my hands together and hope that the order finds it way to me without getting stuck in customs and getting additional taxes added (the VAT in Sweden is 25%)

Edit: Got an E-mail from them now (one day after placing my order) telling me they've sent my order. I love it when it doesn't take an eternity for a company to process an order.

Last edited by joe_dirt; 02-04-2010 at 12:08 PM.