Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

New and have wuestion

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 08:07 PM
Default New and have wuestion

I tried posting in the newbie section and it would not let me for some reason....

Hello, just signed up and have a few chryslers. I just bought a Sebring with some transmission problems. I hope someone can help me here. I noticed the pressure valve (I guess that is what you call it) under the throttle body, piston was laying on throttle body, the one for reverse. That was the problem. I need to know how the parts go back in????? Here is a link to a hayabusa website I belong to that I asked about this problem in more detail and with pics. I tried other Chrysler websites and no one responded back, hope you guys can help me. I think the springs (double ones) fit inside the pistons like in the picture and then go into where the two valve inlets are close together and springs stick out. The reverse on that is by itself must have the one spring inside the piston ( long one) and the cap goes in with the bottom with cirle looking thing facing out and with the keeper holding it in place. I think

Here is link to other site with pics::

http://www.hayabusa.org/forum/random...erts-help.html

Old 10-03-2008, 09:22 PM
Default RE: New and have wuestion

oh, and it had reverse when I drove it home. I called the guy that owned it and he said it worked most of the time. He took it to mechanic and he said it was trs solenoid. I was changing it when I ran into my little problem. It does not even try to shift out of neutral to reverse, does not even move on indicator as well.

Old 10-04-2008, 11:35 AM
Default RE: New and have wuestion

The piston by itself is the reverse-low acccumulator piston. It is installed with the spring going in first (there may be more than one spring).Open end of the piston goes over the spring. Be sure the seals are in good shape.

The plug goes in next with the little circle facing out, then put in the snap ring to hold it together.

The underdrive and overdrive pistons go in the other two holes. These pistons go in closed end first with springs following.

Regarding the springs, the manual says this:

NOTE: Depending on engine application, some accumulators will have two springs and others will have one spring. The springs are color-coded according to application and year. When disassembling, mark accumulator spring location to ease assembly.

I guess it may be too late for that.

The manual doesn't say what the color codes are.

Hope that helps.

By the way, it's a valve body, not a throttle body. The throttle body is on the engine intake.