Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

new here

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 02:21 AM
Default new here

hello all, ive owned many chryslers and dodges, at this time my wifes driving a 2005 pacifica decked with almost all the bells and whistles .i just bought a slightly used 2004 sebring limited today with a 5 speed manual, 3.0l. ive only driven it about 5 miles so far but have a question or two, car has 17000 miles, and it has a sound from the rear that is sort of a rrrrwhine, hard to put in words but i believe its the tires, theres no wobble or any vibration in the stering wheel and everythings smooth as silk going down the road, its worse at about 55 to 60 mph. the dealer said he would order me a new tire tomorrow since one side in the rear has alot more rubber than the other, well see if that helps. tires are goodyear eagles real low profile and wide. not sure of exact size it got dark before i could get it home. this car also says platinum series and limited, whats that mean? i love the two tone leather seats, black w/tan. let yall know what happens tomorrow. newbee..

Old 11-15-2005, 04:11 PM
Default RE: new here

it just means you're better than everyone because your car has more features... My bet would be the tire is down to it's indicator and it's time for a new one... nothing big... most of the sebring guys know what their talking about... there are a few in here, and I know I can help you on mostly everything. Working on ASE certification, owned a sebring JXI and I've done motor and tranny swaps on them, so I can tell you just about where every part on the car is...

Old 11-16-2005, 12:16 AM

still dont know the outcome of tire issue since they had to order the tire, will get it by next monday , p215 50r 17 i am very pleased with this dealership so far, i also showed them a crack on the front light where it looks like a rock hit it . surprisingly they said it looks like a warranty issue and ordered one for me. i checked online and that saved me 265 bucks. plus the tire is about 135 bucks, i really like this car very much, its like a 2002 dodge stratus r/t i had. same motor to. the stratus topped out at 138 mph before the computer shut me down. does anyone know- at what speed will the sebring shut down. id like to see for myself but theres no open roads around here.

Old 11-16-2005, 06:26 PM

well... my 98 topped at about 145... My computer never shut me down, but my mechanic tweaked it a little bit... the 2k2 may shut off around 120, but if you have no open roads, I wouldn't worry too much. There are simple things you can do to work around the governors...

Old 11-24-2005, 01:34 AM

well just in case this happens to anyone else i got the new tire put on today and noise is completely gone. hey jxi101 was it you that said in another post to not use fram products on sebring? if so why i just bought a fram oil filter and plan to change oil to mobile-1 full synthetic extended life. they claim 15.000 miles of protection between changes.

Old 11-24-2005, 10:05 PM

Example.... "I pit for a race car, and we were running out of options with the oil change, and the only people that had an oil filter on hand that would fit our 73 camaro, was autozone, and the only one they had was a fram. The oil pressure was nearly 10 pounds below what it should be (near exaggeration) and killed the motor during the race. We switched the filter to a wix, and then again to a mobile one, and it was fine... when we went back to a fram, it did the same thing." Shawn S. Pit crew chief, car #4 THR

My dad used a fram in my sebring before I got it, and i noticed that my oil stopped leaking and gunking up when I switched to wix...

They'll work, but not for very long. Everyone has their own opinions of things, but I wouldn't personally use fram. They don't hold pressure, they don't filter for ****, and they're orange... gross... They are not high performance at all, they cannot withstand high RPMs and Temps, at least that's what I and the race car crews hae noticed. it's your car, but I don't trust them...

Old 11-25-2005, 12:35 AM

jxi101 since i left the filter in the box outside and moisture warped it i dont think ill take it back but ill use it and watch the oil pressure. if it gets low i hope the idiot light will come on. ill take your advise serious though and let this filter do a little work and then in around 1000 miles or so change it to mobil or k&n, i dont want to take any chances at learning the hard way. this is a 6 dollar filter though, by any chance do you remember if the fram you used was cheaper type or was this very many years ago when a filter was just a filter with older technology?

Old 11-25-2005, 05:42 PM

oh no, this was about a month ago lol... we stopped using fram and switched to Wix, and have seen unreal performance jumps. There is a noticeable difference between a FRAM and WIX or Mobile one... Like I said, Fram makes good "daily driver" products... the others are more for harder driving, trucks, racecars, etc... And don't wait 15k miles to change the oil filter, it is best to do it every 3-5k miles when you change the oil itself. I change everything when I change the oil. I flush the radiator at least once a year, etc... When I got my truck, it had a Fram, so I went ahead and changed it out along with the oil, just to be sure. I'm reffering to the new technology here, and honestly, you seem like someone with a lead foot, so I dont reccomend Fram...

Old 11-25-2005, 10:27 PM

ok then ill do as i should have done in the firstplace, get a mobile1 thats really my first choice but when i looked at the mobile one against the fram the fram had more flowthrough holes so i got it. if i see that wix has more flowthrough than mobile1 ill probably get that. i always like to change my filter anytime i change oil, it doesnt make any since to do otherwise. im even thinking about adding another external filter. ive done this before but on a ram truck. your right i do have a heavy foot, im gonna start going to the dragstrip to satisfy that hunger. im gettiing to old to be getting stopped for driving like im care free and wild.