Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

pleae help have tried alot of things

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 10:53 PM
Default pleae help have tried alot of things

OK boys and girls I have a problem and could use your expertise. I have a 04' sebring 2.7L with 246,000 miles and yes it runs great I take great care of it. Anyways my idiot lite keeps coming on for the battery. I have load tested it. Battery is good holding 12.5 volts, and 14.5 volts when alternator is charging. Fully charged battery and checked wires for bad spots and grounds. Took car out of garage to take home tonight and a mile down the road battery lite comes back on??????????????????? you can hear the alternator kick in at a idle and watch the meter jump right up to 14.5 volts and holds so what do you think it could be a computer going or went bad and if it is how do i tell. it wont hold codes just from poping a idoit lite will it??? any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks alot BIll T. Conneaut Ohio.

Old 05-06-2011, 11:46 PM
Super Moderator

there will be a check engine light code yes even if the check engine light does not come one and U will need to use a good scanner to get the codes not a cheap $100 one either

Old 05-07-2011, 09:50 AM

thanks alot man I am going to work on it now and will let you know what i find out.

Old 05-08-2011, 03:58 PM

"you can hear the alternator kick in at a idle"

Huh? I've never heard an alternator "kick in" in 40 years. I've heard an A/C compressor kick in.

When the brushes were worn on my 1960 T-Bird, you could get the generator to "kick in" by speeding up the engine. Alternators don't have brushes so I can't imagine what's going on here.

Old 05-08-2011, 09:18 PM

well we had a poly carbon tester on it @ 8-9volts and then well not really hear the alternator kick in persay but the engine would drop in rpms under the load of the alternator starting to run know what I mean? Then the votage jumped right up to 14.5 -14.6 so alternator is working. Battery is good tested I think about 350amps. at any rate I did as Kevin suggested and took it to have a scanner run and the results where such. Body module EATX Bus Communication Fail. P0562-volts low. now the scanner would talk to the air bag module, abs module, but the scanner says on communiction with ecu?? so I gather from all this is that the ecu is Sh@ttin the bed. When alternator was working, battery is good thats about what we have left and the scanner kinda says that with no communication would'nt that be a fair educated guess??????

Old 05-11-2011, 09:42 PM

Hey guys I had a ecm sent today so im going to install it tommorrow but dealer says since i have a key skin i Cant do it myself cuz the car wont start key wont match ecm is this true and if so ill just switch it in parking lot at dealers? thanks please let me know asap as i am going tomorrow am.

Old 05-12-2011, 06:50 PM

ok fellows now I am really stumped put new ecm on had reprogrammed and 13.75 volts charging ran around for about 50 miles and turned on my street and bang damn batt. light pops back on so tell me please could there be somthing ruining the ecm? I am ready to pull my hair out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-12-2011, 06:50 PM

If the computer was properly coded for your vehicle with VIN and mileage, it may be fine. The SKIM (sentry key immobilizer module) works to prevent theft of the car. Your fat grey key is the Sentry key. I had to replace my engine computer on my '01. The service I bought it from required the VIN and mileage. Maybe they have a database with all options shown by VIN that allows them to properly pre-program the computer. Anyway, it was plug and play, worked perfectly (I have the sentry key also.)

If you just bought it off a junkyard car, then good luck.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator

Symptom:
P0562-BATTERY VOLTAGE LOW
When Monitored and Set Condition:
P0562-BATTERY VOLTAGE LOW
When Monitored: The engine running. The engine speed greater than 1150 RPM.
Set Condition: The battery sensed voltage is 1 volt below the charging goal for 13.47
seconds. The PCM senses the battery voltage turns off the field driver and senses the
battery voltage again. If the voltages are the same, the code is set. One trip Fault.
POSSIBLE CAUSES
GOOD TRIP EQUAL TO ZERO
B+ CIRCUIT HIGH RESISTANCE
GENERATOR GROUND HIGH RESISTANCE
GENERATOR OPERATION
(Z1) GENERATOR FIELD GROUND CIRCUIT OPEN
(K20) GEN FIELD CONTROL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND
(K20) GEN FIELD CONTROL CIRCUIT OPEN
PCM