Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Please help! Battery light and traction control light on and trouble accelerating

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2021, 08:04 PM
Default Please help! Battery light and traction control light on and trouble accelerating

Hello,

My 2011 Chrysler 200 2.4l has had the battery light flash and the traction control light stay on, randomly for the last week or two. When this would happen, the car would boggle down and have a very hard time accelerating, also not allowing the car to go over 20mph. the car does not die when this happens, just trouble accelerating and all accessories difficulty working (AC, power locks, etc.)

Today, was the worst of it, as it would not come out of what I described above, and what seems to be a “limp” mode. I had installed a new battery and tested the alternator. The Alternator had passed. I started the car and again, it drives fine for a minute and then will do what is described. If I turn the car off and back on, it’ll drive fine for a few minutes and then act up again.

While driving it home today, I did find that if I am able to get it up to about 45-60mph and stay constant, it will cruise just fine. But, if i take off/add to the peddle the slightest it’ll boggle down and happen again.

please help!

Old 07-29-2021, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator

What are the codes in the computers?

Old 07-29-2021, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
What are the codes in the computers?
no codes were run

Old 07-29-2021, 12:47 PM

Run the codes. That is step one with problems like these... the dash lights and limp mode sound like a computer thing.

Without the dash lights, and they could be completely unrelated to your current problems, I would assume something to do with the fuel supply being choked... but you said it does not die, which, again, makes me think it is the computer sending it into limp mode, rather than a mechanical blockage in the fuel system. Run the codes.

Check your grounds. Always check your grounding cables/straps... add more, if you are at all uncertain. Lol. Too many hours have been wasted chasing gremlins... check your grounds.

Check your fuses... multiple systems will share a common fuse, and thus, one fuse going bad can cause a plethora of problems.

Last edited by DavidBoren; 07-29-2021 at 12:56 PM.
Old 08-26-2021, 10:28 PM

Did you find out what it was because my car started doing the exact same thing today and its the last thing i need right now.

Old 08-27-2021, 10:21 PM

Take it to somewhere where they can hook up a good code reader and find out what is going on. There's no point in guessing when the car has a system to tell you what the problem is.

Old 09-05-2021, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by dcotter0579
Take it to somewhere where they can hook up a good code reader and find out what is going on. There's no point in guessing when the car has a system to tell you what the problem is.
Took it to autozone and they were trying to tell me it was computer and gonna cost alot, i asked for the paper and asked why it mentioned the throttle body on 2/3 things and went with throttle body and it fixed everything.

Old 09-06-2021, 05:55 PM
Super Moderator

AutoZone does not repair cars. Get the codes from them and do your own research on the codes.

Old 09-11-2021, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
AutoZone does not repair cars. Get the codes from them and do your own research on the codes.
No ****?!?! My god, thats about all you chrysler techs are good for is telling people to go get the codes and then do your own research. You should probably just stop wasting your time telling people common sense ffs.

Old 09-11-2021, 09:36 AM

If getting codes were so 'common sense' the OP would have included them in the thread starter.

And no, the techs are not saying to do your own research, the codes will help them use their experience and knowledge to trouble-shoot and assist in identifying the problem source. It is the exact same process they go through on their own cars but have the major disadvantage of not being able to touch and drive the vehicle having the issue and depend on someone else to be their hands, eyes and ears.

So, other than dissing the techs, what are your suggestions to help solve this issue?

By the way, I am not a tech but a shady tree mechanic (garage too full of sh*t). When any issue/weirdness comes up, I first grab my scanner and look for diagnostic trouble codes.

Last edited by ggoose; 09-11-2021 at 09:40 AM.

Quick Reply: Please help! Battery light and traction control light on and trouble accelerating