Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

PLEASE HELP QUICK

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 01:00 PM
Default PLEASE HELP QUICK

I currently have a 97 chrysler sebring convertable V6 2.5. I just drove it and I parked for a while went to go and start it and with no luck it didn't start. I hooked a computer up to it and it said no signal to PCM what happened and what can I do to fix it if someone could please help me with this.

Old 06-13-2007, 01:40 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: PLEASE HELP QUICK

first find out if u have commucation with any other computer in the car and if yes then u have a bad pcm or wireing to the pcm. IF no commucation with any other computer then something it taking down the bus or the pcm is taking down the bus.
U wont be able to talk to any other computer unless u take it to the dealer or some one that has an expensive scanner.

Old 06-13-2007, 01:49 PM

I hooked it up and it does work with everything else on the car it just error. The scanner is an expensive one its a snap on on that costs like $7000 also I disconnected the wires to the distrubetor cap and I wasn't getting any voltage. What would make that go out like that all of a sudden? Also sorry about the spelling.

Old 06-13-2007, 02:12 PM

I called the dealer and he said could could be the PCM I was wondering how much one cost's and if I can get a used one? if not how much does and new one cost?

Old 06-13-2007, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator

the pcm used I doubt it because the vin number it burnt into the PROM. I cant tell u how much a new one is call the dealer for a price.

Old 06-13-2007, 11:54 PM

Now I have one thing my check engine light always came on but I know it was because of the O2 sensor. Now while I was checking the fuses I wasn't getting any power from the fuse on both contacts but I know the fuse is good would that have something to do with it. Also where is the PCM located on the car? There is so many thing that looks like the computer but I don't know. Thanks for your fast response.

Old 06-14-2007, 05:51 AM

I am sorry from what the scanner said it read NO CRANK REFERANCE SIGNAL AT PCM if you have any Idea's it would be greatly appreciated I am going to try and take off the crank sensor and clean it to see if it works. Since I am in the military stationed overseas it takes about a week to get parts here wish me luck.

Old 06-14-2007, 08:01 AM

also where is the crank shaft sensor?

Old 06-14-2007, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator

u might want to let the person u barrowed the $7000 scanner from to look at your car.

Old 06-15-2007, 09:49 PM

If you join eautorepair.net, it will give you the location of everything for your engine, Sensors, splices, connectors, test points etc etc .... pretty good buy .. Lemme look for the crank shaft sensor for ya ....

Quick Reply: PLEASE HELP QUICK