Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Replaced window regulator in 04 Sebring Coupe.. slight problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 08:34 AM
Default Replaced window regulator in 04 Sebring Coupe.. slight problem

I replaced it with a Dorman 741-144

The window works.....The problem is that when the window goes down into the window guide at the back/bottom of the inside of the door, the window gets real slow and slow to get back out as if its too tight. I adjusted the guide to where it should be and still have the same issue. I even sprayed a quick shot of lube on it thinking it was grabbing and that didn't do anything.

Has anybody else experienced this and if so, do you have a solution/fix?

I know the Dorman part seems to sit a little different than the OEM but it can only mount one way. Possibly a weak motor on the Dorman??

Old 09-29-2012, 09:09 AM

There are a lot of ways that the window track can be out of adjustment. The track can be mis-aligned or not parallel with the opposite track, it can be twisted or pinched, or bent There could even be something wrong with the track itself, like something jammed in it.
The fact that the motor drives the window through part of its travel at proper speed indicates that the motor is probably good.
You are going to need to spend some time observing the operation carefully, then try to figure out where and why the binding is occuring. It may be necessary to replace the track if you determine that the track cannot be aligned or straightened or fixed.
There is no place where the alignment "should be" except where it works properly and places the window in its proper parked position when closed.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:37 AM

On this particular model (coupe), there is only one main track and it mounts in the center and it cannot go in wrong or mis-aligned because the bolt holes are there and it must go in one way. The are not adjustable to move at all. It is brand new... perhaps it is bent a little

The window has no frame around it to hold it from moving.

When I say "should be", I mean that the window guide is lined up exactly where the window slides directly into it. Its not hitting it harder on one or the other side. The guide is roughly 6 inches only. I will try a silicone base spray on it and see if that helps.