Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

replace belt on '10 2.4

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 10:27 AM
Default replace belt on '10 2.4

Just opened the hood on my daughters Sebring looking to change the serpentine belt. But,,,, cant for the life of me find a tensioner pulley or similar? So how exactly do I loosen this thing so I can get it off and on? Googled it but cant seem to find the right year,,, Thx Cory

Old 06-05-2017, 09:50 AM
Lug

If it's anything like my 2010 2.7L , the tensioner sits between the crankshaft pulley and the alternator pulley, in between them, but above both. (so the three create a triangle).

You need to remove the RH wheel well splashguard. Look for the smallest pulley of the bunch there.

You need to place a ratchet/box end wrench and move the pulley counter clockwise in order to release the tension on the belt.

Old 06-05-2017, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Lug
If it's anything like my 2010 2.7L , the tensioner sits between the crankshaft pulley and the alternator pulley, in between them, but above both. (so the three create a triangle).

You need to remove the RH wheel well splashguard. Look for the smallest pulley of the bunch there.

You need to place a ratchet/box end wrench and move the pulley counter clockwise in order to release the tension on the belt.
Thank you, and Im guessing the wheel has to come off also?

Old 06-05-2017, 01:45 PM
Lug

Originally Posted by Cory Cuneo
Thank you, and Im guessing the wheel has to come off also?
yup.

if you're new to this, don't work under a jack only, purchase jack stands and support the car from the front of the pinch rail.

Old 06-05-2017, 01:48 PM
Lug

This is from a 2.7L motor drawing, yours may vary, I'm not sure. But if they are the same, #7 is what you're looking for.

Old 06-05-2017, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Lug
This is from a 2.7L motor drawing, yours may vary, I'm not sure. But if they are the same, #7 is what you're looking for.

Thx for the photo, have to be honest, will look again but didn't see anything like that #7, I mean its a pain to see with the transverse mounted engine but that "wheel" should have stood out I think.

Old 06-05-2017, 06:08 PM
Lug

As long as Google is not ****ting it, here's an actual image of a 09 2.4L

In this image, it appears to be #2.
BTW, in some vehicles there's a diagram of the serpentine belt routing, on the bottom side of the hood.

Old 06-18-2017, 12:25 PM
esu

Originally Posted by Lug
As long as Google is not ****ting it, here's an actual image of a 09 2.4L

In this image, it appears to be #2.
BTW, in some vehicles there's a diagram of the serpentine belt routing, on the bottom side of the hood.

OK, sorry for the delay, got caught up in 7 other projects, this diagram is not the motor in her car. She has the 3 smaller pulleys but they are clustered on the right side in between the ac compressor on the bottom and the ps pump on the top or 3 and 4 in the diagram. None of them are on a swing arm type of assembly, it appears they all bolt directly to the engine?? The bottom one I cant see that clearly, maybe there is some type of adjustment on it?

Old 06-18-2017, 01:00 PM
Lug

Originally Posted by esu
OK, sorry for the delay, got caught up in 7 other projects, this diagram is not the motor in her car. She has the 3 smaller pulleys but they are clustered on the right side in between the ac compressor on the bottom and the ps pump on the top or 3 and 4 in the diagram. None of them are on a swing arm type of assembly, it appears they all bolt directly to the engine?? The bottom one I cant see that clearly, maybe there is some type of adjustment on it?
To remove all doubt, in this case, I'd either buy a Chilton manual, or even better - get an AllDataDIY subscription for your exact car model, about $30 for 5 years.

That, will tell you exactly how your engine is set up, and leave very little doubt.
It's either that, or Google (sometimes you just can't find the right answer), or for someone with the similar motor as yours to reply.