Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Running light issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 10:14 PM
Default Running light issues

Hi everyone.

My rear running lights are giving me fits. Sometimes they'll turn on when I turn on my headlights at night. Sometimes they won't. Sometimes they'll be on when I check them, then be off when I check them again after I reach my destination. Obviously, this is a dangerous thing to deal with, and since this is our only car, I'm hoping I can find the answer.

I've checked the fuse box and the bulbs themselves, but didn't find anything wrong. I didn't think there would be an issue with either, as from what I have read, the left and right running lights are on two separate fuses.

I'm no car guru, so I'm worried that it might be something deeper in the electrical system.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Old 05-28-2013, 09:15 AM

Check the grounds for the lights. Trace the wires from the lights and look for a place where the ground wire (almost always black) is fastened to the body. Loosen the screw, wiggle the wire and re-tighten. Sometimes they get a little corrosion in there. There could be more than one ground you'll need to find.
If you have ever had collision damage that was repaired, check that area for a pinched or damaged wire.

Old 05-28-2013, 02:22 PM

Thanks, I'll check it out!

Old 06-04-2013, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by blyndside
Hi everyone.

My rear running lights are giving me fits. Sometimes they'll turn on when I turn on my headlights at night. Sometimes they won't. Sometimes they'll be on when I check them, then be off when I check them again after I reach my destination. Obviously, this is a dangerous thing to deal with, and since this is our only car, I'm hoping I can find the answer.

I've checked the fuse box and the bulbs themselves, but didn't find anything wrong. I didn't think there would be an issue with either, as from what I have read, the left and right running lights are on two separate fuses.

I'm no car guru, so I'm worried that it might be something deeper in the electrical system.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Similar problem occurred last month. It is nothing more than ground wire issue hope you have solved it too

Old 06-05-2013, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by BennyOrtega
Hi everyone.

I've checked the fuse box and the bulbs themselves, but didn't find anything wrong. I didn't think there would be an issue with either, as from what I have read, the left and right running
led lights are on two separate fuses.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Similar problem occurred last month. It is nothing more than ground wire issue hope you have solved it too
Were you able to solve it out?