Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

LR Running Light Failure

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 07:32 PM
Default LR Running Light Failure

Hello All:
A newby here with a 2005 T&C. I am having problems diagnosing a LR taillight failure when my running lights are on. Ive changed bulbs of course and checked the bulb on the functional R side,all fine. Ive used my voltmeter to determine that when the brake is applied and the lights are on,power is supplied to the light through 2 circuits.When lights areoff the brake light still works on the left side just fine. Anyway, this should prove that my connector, wire, and socket is good, right? Ive compared both the left and right side and the wire that is failing is the white with a brown stripe. So if my circuit is good to the light, where must I check next? Is there a fuse/relay under the dash that supplies this circuit. Is the switch that turns on the lights in the dash activate the L and R rear lights seperately? I can hardly think so. Is there a way to check the circuitry in the connector or the bulb holder? I also swapped out thefunctional bulb holder and bulb from the R side and still no go, so I think its not in the bulb or holder. So I am left at your mercy. I apologize formy rudimentry/crude explanation of my findings, but I'm new at electrical work and just starting to learn a little about auto electronics. Thank you for your patienceand any help, of course.

Michael

Old 11-12-2008, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: LR Running Light Failure

more then likely have a BCM issue. the power drivers come from the bcm.