Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Sebring- Touring Series- Seized up or Blown up?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 02:55 AM
Arrow Sebring- Touring Series- Seized up or Blown up?

I have a 2006 touring series sebring, that I have been through the mill with on dear hunts so to speek. I have had a bad run of luck with deer jumping out infront of me..

I took my car to the body shop (That its been to many times for the body damage) I don't like change or adjust to it to well, is why it was back there at the same shop.

Mind you, I am a bail bondsman AKA Bounty hunter, and one of the workers brothers was on bond with me and fled to florida where I had to go get him and bring him back to arkansas and place him in custody. The brother who works at the body shop started being really ugly to me because I would not tell him where his brothers personal property was located in florida (Laws prevent me from doing that).

This time when I left with the car, my motor seems to be seezed up? (or so they say) There was NOTHING wrong with the car other then body damage when it went there... 180.422 miles on it... I keep my oil and maintance done on my car on a regular basis, and never had any problem with it since I had it....

They tried to blame the deer to get my insurance to pay for it, and when that didn't work, it was towed to my home.

When I picked the car up, I drove it approx 2 miles, and then it died and I restarted the car and went another 2 blocks or so, and I shut it off, as I could smell it getting hot.

Their guy came and drove it about 3 blocks and got out and said its seezed up with out even looking at it...

It was then towed to the shop and it sit another 15 days or so (After being there almost two months)

My insurance company sent 3 different people out to look at this.. They say its not caused from the wreck with the deer this time. The IS Company as well said they did not see any reason for my motor being seezed or blown and feel there is a little more then is meeting the eye.

Oil is clean, and new oil fliter was put on the car the day I hit the deer, water is full and antifreeze in it..
Battery was leaking- that I bought in march of this year) and I took it back and got a new one..

Is there a chance that it could of been seezed up when nothing was wrong with it motor wise???

If not, could someone please point me in a direction of someone to help me with advice on my motor.

Old 12-21-2011, 04:08 AM
Super Moderator

180 is around the time the water pumps fail with out some one looking at it and turning the engine over no one online can get theta info for ya.

Old 12-21-2011, 02:23 PM

Husband pulled plugs and tried to turn the crankshaft while in park, but it wont turn with a pry bar.

Thank you kevin

Old 12-21-2011, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator

locked up then