Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

starting problem

Old 11-01-2007, 07:12 AM
Default starting problem

yesterday when i tried to move my sebring (start) it wouldn't start. the key fits and i can turn it when i put it in the on postition i can here the engine try and turn over but nothing happens and i know that the battery isn't dead because my lights go on and the radio goes on i can also put the windows down. But i am just wondering what would cause this because after a few tries i got it to start. there is about a 1/4 tank of gas and on tuesday the car ran perffectly cuz thats when my dad picked it up. the car is a 1998 sebring convertibale with 63,000 miles on it. im just wodering if anyone knows what could cuase this?

Thanks
Pink_floyd1988

Old 11-01-2007, 07:47 PM
Default RE: starting problem

Hello pink floyed, when you say it would not start, did theengine turn over but not fire up orwhen you turned the key to the start position nothing happened? Could be a startedproblem, or just a bad connection. Make sure your battery is good and you have good clean connections. If all thats good try tapping on the starter with a hammer while some else turns it over (IF IT IS A STRAIGHT DRIVE MAKE SURE IT IS OUT OF GEAR) Give this a shot. I rememeber my first car it was great to have my own wheels.That was 30yrs ago butI can remember it like it was yesterday.Make your parents proud don,t abuse your drivingprivileges. I wasin law enforcement for a few years and saw some very gruesomeaccidents.Take care and God Bless!

Old 11-02-2007, 06:53 AM

i have seen my far share of car accidents to i am on the vol. fire department and a couple of the accidents i have been to where because of wreckless driving i used to have a dodge ram 1500 that i treated like **** and now i regret it but its to late[&:]. well lets just hope that this car is more reliable plus whern i buoght my truck it had 146000+ miles on it and ran solid for 2 years then the engine blew. My dad is also a local law enforcement officer and he tells me stories.

Old 11-02-2007, 10:00 AM

o thanks and btw i figured out what was wrong that car was turning over souded like it wanted to start and my dad told me yesterday that i had no gas altough the gas gauge said 1/4 tank lol :-) ill keep what you said in mind i case anything else happens thanks again