Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Is there any other engine that will fit 2005 chrysler Sebring 2.7L?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 09:55 AM

If the oil really got noticeably low in three days, you've got a significant leak. On the other hand, if you started with a cold engine, ran the engine for a short time and then checked the oil, it may not really be low. It takes time (sometimes a lot of time) for cold oil to run down through the engine to the crankcase. It's best to check the oil on an engine that's either well warmed up or sitting for a good long time. Make sure it's on level ground.

Old 01-05-2017, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by dcotter0579
If the oil really got noticeably low in three days, you've got a significant leak. On the other hand, if you started with a cold engine, ran the engine for a short time and then checked the oil, it may not really be low. It takes time (sometimes a lot of time) for cold oil to run down through the engine to the crankcase. It's best to check the oil on an engine that's either well warmed up or sitting for a good long time. Make sure it's on level ground.
Lol I checked it on an incline (my driveway is on angle) I had put some oil in it and then checked it again on level surface and it was a little over filled. So the loss of oil is not a problem. But I am losing coolant somewhere after I just installed a new radiator.

Old 01-06-2017, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Vision2099
But I am losing coolant somewhere after I just installed a new radiator.
Those radiators have no trans coolers so it can only be leaking externally or inside the engine. Did you bleed the system correctly using the bleeder valve. If there's air in the system the coolant level will drop as the air works it's way out. I would check your dipstick often to make sure there's no milky look to it that would indicate a water pump leak.

John

Old 01-06-2017, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by jopizz
Those radiators have no trans coolers so it can only be leaking externally or inside the engine. Did you bleed the system correctly using the bleeder valve. If there's air in the system the coolant level will drop as the air works it's way out. I would check your dipstick often to make sure there's no milky look to it that would indicate a water pump leak.

John
​​​​​​
yes i bled the valve that actually ended up being the original problem that cracked my radiator. It was bubbling real bad, overheating and my heater didn't work I could figure out what is was and one time on my way home from clicking up my friend it had too much pressure from all the boiling and cracked the radiator started blowing vapor from the coolant out of an about 2" crack right above the main radiator hose. I replaced the radiator and same problem so I read about bleeding it. I did that and Instantly all the problems are fixed. I check my oil all the time and doesn't look like coolant in there. It is dripping pure coolant from somewhere maybe a loose hose or that little **** on the bottom that lets coolant flow out I'll have to check it out. I don't have a jack at the moment and thus car is really low it's hard to get under there.