Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Thermostat

Old 03-04-2007, 01:02 AM
Default Thermostat

Trying to raplace my wifes 2001 sebring sedans thermostat. I cant seem to get the last bolt under what i think is the intake manifold. The first three came out ok, but that last one is a pain[:@]. Just want to make sure that the thermostat is werei have always changed them, on the block off the top radiator hose. Any help would be GREAT. Awsome foruma lot of info here. Thank you for your help.P.S. any pics would beawsome

Old 03-04-2007, 03:53 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Thermostat

what engine do u have??

Old 03-05-2007, 12:03 PM
Default RE: Thermostat

Ihave the 2.7. andI finnaly figured it out. You have to remove the passenger tire and inner fender, drive belt, accessory belts, alternator, alternator bracket, ac hook ups and a few other things. Just so everyone knows on the 2.7 and only the 2.7is the thermostat on the side of themotor (or front how everyou look at it) not were the top radiator hose meets the block.Thank you for your timeeveryone and good luck.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:29 PM

Does anybody here know wether the location of the Thermostat on the 2.7 (on the intake side of waterpump ) is realkly strictly exclusive to the 2.7???

Or are there other vehicles in this confusing day and age that use the same backward setup?

Seems to me that with this location .......in the event a Thermostat Sticks Closed it would boil the water out of the Waterjacket in no time and cause engine failure.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:37 PM

Does anybody here know wether the location of the Thermostat on the 2.7 (on the intake side of waterpump ) is realkly strictly exclusive to the 2.7???
Yes and No.....The cooling system is a "SEMI-Reverse Flow" design, But that doesnt entirely eliminate what youre thinking. As far as I can Think....3.5 does this also.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Djinn-n-Tonic View Post
Yes and No.....The cooling system is a "SEMI-Reverse Flow" design, But that doesnt entirely eliminate what youre thinking. As far as I can Think....3.5 does this also.
Would you agree that in the event of a Locked up Thermostat that the conventional system where the thermostat is at the high end of the system (Waterpump Discharge) would allow more time before overheating?

In that case i believe the entire radiator would be heated from the bottom up before it finally overheats. Make sense?

I am so terrified of a locked up thermostat and since I use the car in summer only am seriously considering leaving it out altogether. There is no shortage of heat in a 2.7 to worry about excessive cooling I would think.