Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

torque converter

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 02:58 AM
Default torque converter

In July of 2005, I had to have my torque converter replaced. What a pretty penny that was. I took my car to 4 different mechanics and everyone had something different to say about it, first was "Wow, I've never herd a car make that sound." second, " Oh, oh, oh you HAVE to get a new transmission!", third "Your timing belts are off." and fourth, "Well, thats your alernator telling you it's going to explode." Honestly I was beining to feel rather hopeless. Finally 20 miles away, someone said "Hey it sounds like your torque converter..and this is why I think it is..." Well, I went with this mechanics oppinion about it dished out $1500.00 it was working great for a little while and now a month later it's making the same noise again. And to make it even better, when I had my car in to this mechanics, they broke off the driver side door handel, and now when I call them back about the problem starting over again, they tell me that they've NEVER DONE ANY WORK ON MY CAR[sm=chairshot.gif]. I'm really lost and I don't know what to do, I looked up this place on the ABBB (Automotive Better Buisness Burow) and they have a CCC- rateing. If ANYONE knows what I should do about trying to get my car fixed, or what to do about the mechanic I delt with PLEASE let me know, I'd really like the advice and help. Thanks so much![sm=helpout.gif]

Old 08-21-2005, 05:31 PM
Administrator
Default RE: torque converter

how did you pay for the services last time? you didnt get a receipt?

Old 08-21-2005, 05:46 PM

Yeah, I paid for it by Credit Card, and I have both a startment from my bank, and the mechanic. The mechanic told me that I came into his store and STOLE one of his reciptes and wrote up my own report, and that I'm now trying to frame him. This guys a nut case I'm telling you. So I really am stuck as to what to do with all this. I don't want to have to go to court, but if I must I must. Any sugestions? [sm=sigh.gif]

Old 08-21-2005, 05:47 PM
Administrator

call your credit card company...get proof of the charge being made agaisnt your credit card account, because if you "Stole a receipt"..then he stole your CC number and used it, and thats a felony...

Old 08-21-2005, 05:53 PM

I have proof, from my credit card comp that a charge was made, and I told that to the mechanic, and he went to go tell me that either I or that I had somebody tap into his credit card charging system to make a legit charge, and that I'm now trying to run him out of buisness. I told him that he needs to go seek mental help. He in return told me to go visit satin. What kills me even more is that my boyfriend was with me when all this started, back when I first had to take my car in for the torque problem, so I have a witness. but the mechanic still calls me the lier. Also, I brought it to this mechanics attention that someings obiviously wrong with his company if the ABBB has a rating score on him of CCC- That's a rotten grade to have. again.. I'm told that I am the lier. [sm=boohoo.gif]