Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Transmission Service after 30 minutes

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2022, 08:04 PM
Default Transmission Service after 30 minutes

I bought a Chrysler 200 V6 2015 last month from Copart. There was no accident but tree leafs fell down on the car, not serious damage. I want to give a history of the car. iThat might be helpful to find the issue.

When the car is cold, transmission works perfect, but after driving around 30 minutes, Transmission temperature hits 170 f, sometimes transmission service light comes on, and transmission stucks in 4th gear. This always happens at the highway, I did not face this issue at the city. I went to Dealer, they inspected it, the code is p1da9, which is related to transmission temperature, but dealer says there is no issue, everything works as expected. I paid for inspection and did not learn anything. I am afraid to driver more than 30 minutes. Do you have any idea about this?

Old 05-10-2022, 10:02 PM

The typical thing that happens is that you bring the car in for service, they can't get to it right away so they park the car until they can get to it, likely overnight or at least hours later. Of course, by then the car has cooled down. The tech gets in and drives it around the block, the problem doesn't show up so he writes it up as "Could not verify customer complaint" and goes on to work on another car that he can get done in short order and make some money on. For transmission problems, you're better off taking it to a transmission shop where they work on transmissions all day every day, and nothing else. Dealer techs know how to remove and replace a transmission but they usually send them out to a transmission shop to repair them. Find a good local transmission shop and take it there. You'll probably have much better luck getting it fixed.

Old 05-10-2022, 11:11 PM
Old 05-11-2022, 10:34 AM

I saw the link and that is exactly the same problem. I tried to reach the person who faced the same issue but not able to to to that, so i am not sure If this fix is worked for him or not, Should I go to local shop and ask them to replace valve body & internal wiring harness ?

Old 05-11-2022, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by dcotter0579
The typical thing that happens is that you bring the car in for service, they can't get to it right away so they park the car until they can get to it, likely overnight or at least hours later. Of course, by then the car has cooled down. The tech gets in and drives it around the block, the problem doesn't show up so he writes it up as "Could not verify customer complaint" and goes on to work on another car that he can get done in short order and make some money on. For transmission problems, you're better off taking it to a transmission shop where they work on transmissions all day every day, and nothing else. Dealer techs know how to remove and replace a transmission but they usually send them out to a transmission shop to repair them. Find a good local transmission shop and take it there. You'll probably have much better luck getting it fixed.
That is right, they do test driver 15 -20 minutes only and the car was cold at that time. I am not sure If it is only coincidance or not, but when I am alone at the car, I did not face the issue, when someone sits on the passenger seat, I am facing this issue, Is there any cable under passenger seat related to transmission?

Old 05-11-2022, 03:50 PM

Call your local transmission shop and make an appointment to bring the car in. Tell them what the problem is and tell them that you will bring it in good and warm so they can see for themselves. When you get there, take the guy out for a ride and demonstrate the problem. He may want to hook up his code reader to the car while it is having the problem to see what the computer is reporting by way of problems.