Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

What is "Nobus" dashboard code

Old 10-15-2011, 09:44 AM
Default What is "Nobus" dashboard code

I recently purchased a 2001 Sebring Convertable with the 2.7 V6 engine. Everything seemed to work great for about 600 miles. After returning from a 200 mile trip, after shut down, the car wouldn't start. Long story short, and lots of reading on the forum, I think something went wrong with the anti-theft system. Disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes lets me start the car but I have no electrical to the radio, interior courtesy lights, or rear center break light. I'v checked fuses under the hood and driver side dash panel. All check OK> My engine code reader won't link and I have seen a dashboard code display "Nobus". The Haynes manual isn't much help on this problem. Any ideas from anyone? I'm a "Newbee". Thanks in advance.

Old 10-15-2011, 10:18 AM

"No Bus" refers to the data bus by which the computers communicate with each other and with the various components which they read and control. It's not working. Think of it as a single wire that runs through the car with tap off of it for pretty much everything that the computer communicates with. Signals run up and down the wire all the time and are coded so that they are only read by the component they are directed to.
Why yours isn't working, I cannot guess. It could be a broken wire or a corroded connection or a bad signal from the computer or something else.

Old 10-15-2011, 10:35 AM

Thanks for the reply dcotter0579. That give me a bit more insight about the system. Can you tell me if there are any other fuse locations than the ones I mentioned in my first post?

Old 10-15-2011, 01:14 PM

FYI to All. I found a bad fuse under the hood. All seems to be back to normal now. When I first examined that fuse it appeared to be OK. It was only after I used a tester that I discovered it to be faulty. Thanks again for this resource.

Old 01-10-2012, 12:40 AM
Default More info

Hi Joel63084,

I'm having the same problem on my sebring. Can you tell me where to find the fuse under the hood and its now been several months that you fixed it, how is it going with the car. Thank you in advance.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:26 AM
Super Moderator

there is not a fuse for a no bus its a module issue one of them

Old 01-10-2012, 05:03 PM

Thank you, Kkeller.
I'll start with the modules. Any other tips would be greatly appriciated. I'll post my findings real soon. I'm working and can't get to the car until 01/12/12.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:30 AM

This thursday I tried to work on the car. Before I started on the modules I noticed that the computer was loose so I tightened it down and took the car for a spin thinking it was a grounding issue. The car ran fine for about 2 hours no codes and no "no bus" on regural every day driving. So I get it home thinking that was it. Later that evening I drove it to the store and it won't shift out 2nd and I got a "check ingine" light on while driving but whent off after a couple of seconds. If I turn the car off and on the car runs fine for a little while and the check "ingine light" is gone. Any Ideas anyone.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator

what are the codes?

Old 01-17-2012, 09:50 AM

The last and only code I have now is a p1698. I understand it's a tcm issue and now I think I'm in over my head. Should I just take it to a transmission shop and let them fix it?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What is "Nobus" dashboard code