Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Wynns Transmission Flush

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 05:46 PM
Default Wynns Transmission Flush

I had a Wynns transmission flush at my local chrysler dealerI have 2 questions what is the avg price for a flush the dealer said this is better than changing the fifter is this correct-and second I have notice some excess trans fluid under the front and some small wet places with trans fluid on the paymentI checked the fluid level and it is the same with no droppagedid the tech just get excess fluid on the underneath while changing the fluid

Old 07-03-2008, 09:17 AM
Default RE: Wynns Transmission Flush

The debate is still out on whether it is better to flush or drop the pan. Regardless, at some point (80K-100K miles maybe, depending on the trans type and how you drive) the pan should be dropped and filter(s) changed. The good thing about a flush is that the torque converter fluid is changed, the bad thing about a flush is the the pan does not get cleaned or the filter(s) changed. The good thing about a pan drop is just the opposite of above. I personally have had the trans flushed every 30K, and now that I have hit 116K, my next trans service will be a pan drop. So far, no issues what so ever (hope I didn't just jinx myself). Can'e remember what the flush cost me at the dealer tho. As far as the fluid leaking, keep a close eye on it. If it is a small leak, check the cooler lines running to the radiator. If you are leaking when it is sitting in the driveway, you are leaking more when you are drivingwhile it is under more pressure. You do not want to run low while driving, that would be an expensive problem. If it was just a messy job by the dealer, the drips should stop soon.