Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 The flagship of the Chrysler lineup offers the driver every bit of class of any European luxury sedan, combined with the availability of the Hemi, the engine which dominated the American Muscle Car Era

300m Lower Control Arm/Tension Strut/Sway Bar Bushings

Old 12-10-2013, 09:43 AM
Default 300m Lower Control Arm/Tension Strut/Sway Bar Bushings

'99 300m with 235K miles. Front end is making more noise than usual and upon inspection, it looks like these parts need to be replaced. I'm fortunate to have gotten that many miles on the original parts!

Control Arms:
Is Moog still a good brand? Any others that are recommended? During installation, it looks like the frame pivot bolt must be tightened when the car is on the ground...any recommendations for doing this? With the car up on jack stands, I thought about using a floor jack to raise the wheel assembly up to simulate ground level.

Tension Strut:
Should this be changed along with the control arm? Only reason might be to have new bushings to help reduce some of the front end noise (not sure if this was part of the noise issue)

Sway Bar Bushings:
In the parts houses, there are two sizes of sway bar bushings; 1" and 1.06". Is the 1" the correct one?

Thanks!

Old 12-10-2013, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Lanatwo
'99 300m with 235K miles. Front end is making more noise than usual and upon inspection, it looks like these parts need to be replaced. I'm fortunate to have gotten that many miles on the original parts!

Control Arms:
Is Moog still a good brand? Any others that are recommended? During installation, it looks like the frame pivot bolt must be tightened when the car is on the ground...any recommendations for doing this? With the car up on jack stands, I thought about using a floor jack to raise the wheel assembly up to simulate ground level.
I do a lot of 300M work and use Moog
That will work as long as you jack up to "Normal Ride Height"

Tension Strut:
Should this be changed along with the control arm? Only reason might be to have new bushings to help reduce some of the front end noise (not sure if this was part of the noise issue)
Have to remove to do the lower arm anyway so may as well do the bushings. May want to get new Tension Struts (dealer item) as the old will be rusted and under size at the front busging area.

Sway Bar Bushings:
In the parts houses, there are two sizes of sway bar bushings; 1" and 1.06". Is the 1" the correct one?

Thanks!
1" for "base" 300M, larger bushing is for the "Special" larger bar. Can measure with an open end wrench to be sure..

Old 12-10-2013, 11:45 AM

Thanks FIREM. Do the tension struts come with the bushings for each end and replacement bolts/washers?

Thanks.

Old 12-10-2013, 12:56 PM

4782060AB is the strut only. Moog kit has bushings and washers