Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Sway bar links & bushings

Old 01-12-2012, 10:45 AM
Default Sway bar links & bushings

I have an 04 Pacifica. My mechanic replaced both control arms and sway bar links in the front. My question is, are the bushings included on the sway bar links when you buy sway bar links? We were looking at the sway bar links he replaced to see the bushings, if they were new or not, and it's hard to tell... so any help would be appreciated. I bought the sway bar links at either advance or fairfax auto parts... It's been a while now, about 7 months or so....

Old 02-07-2012, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by rydout
I have an 04 Pacifica. My mechanic replaced both control arms and sway bar links in the front. My question is, are the bushings included on the sway bar links when you buy sway bar links? We were looking at the sway bar links he replaced to see the bushings, if they were new or not, and it's hard to tell... so any help would be appreciated. I bought the sway bar links at either advance or fairfax auto parts... It's been a while now, about 7 months or so....
There are no bushings on the sway bar links. Just ball joints at either end. There are bushings on the sway bar where the bar mounts to the engine cradle but these would not be included with the links. The bushings are dealer only right now. You can get after market universal fit polyurethane bushings for the sway bar. See the other threads for the info on them.

Jay