Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 The flagship of the Chrysler lineup offers the driver every bit of class of any European luxury sedan, combined with the availability of the Hemi, the engine which dominated the American Muscle Car Era

Car cuts off while driving!!!!

Old 09-27-2017, 07:12 AM
Default Car cuts off while driving!!!!

Hello,
I'm new to the group. I have a 2005 Chrysler 300 touring model. I'm having issues with the car cutting off while I'm driving it. It doesn't matter what speed I'm going because it has happened at 60 mph and at 25 mph. I have a friend who has a 2005 Chrysler 300 but not the touring model. He has received a recall for this exact problem for his car. I've called the dealership but my car model doesn't have a recall for this problem. I've been reading on other forums and a lot of chrysler owners are having the same problem with their car. What can I do to get this fixed? Any help would be appreciated
Thank you

Old 09-28-2017, 08:49 AM

Do you get a check engine light illuminating on the dash ?

Old 09-28-2017, 09:10 AM

No check engine light comes on. I hear want sounds like an alarm going "ding"...then what looks like a thunderboit lights up on one side and the eps/abs alarm lights up on the other side of the panel. I had new rotors and brakes installed in June. The car cut off before the new rotors and it has cut off after the new rotors. When it cuts off on the interstate I restart it and keep driving. There's no other warning when it will cut off. Very scary

Old 09-28-2017, 09:44 AM

Do you know how to do the "Key Dance'" to see if the computer has stored and fault codes. There can be a number of things that can cause your problem, not a one thing for all cars.That may give some direction as to what is going on? I take it that this has the 3.5 V6 motor, and the lightning bolt should be for a malfunction in the Electronic throttle control system. Some background info of where you are and how many miles(kilometers) are on your ride would be helpful .
The key dance is to turn the key from off position to run(NOT starter)3 times and on the third time leave in the run position. This is to be done within a 10 second timeframe. A P- - - -(4 digit number)will appear usually in place of the odometer reading, write the code(s) there may be more than 1, down and post here.
Good luck, and will await any updates from you.

Old 10-01-2017, 02:25 PM

Any luck? Operators are standing by.