Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 The flagship of the Chrysler lineup offers the driver every bit of class of any European luxury sedan, combined with the availability of the Hemi, the engine which dominated the American Muscle Car Era

Driver Side Blows Cold Air Passenger Side Blows Hot

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2019, 09:56 PM
Exclamation Driver Side Blows Cold Air Passenger Side Blows Hot

Hi, Im currently experiencing issues with my AC.

On the driver side it blows Cold Air (60°F) on both vents but on passenger it get warmer or hot (75-78°F). My compressor and clutch do work and coolant levels are good. So my guess is its low on Freon, but i cant seem to find the correct valve to measure PSI or recharge Freon as the adapter does not go in on any of the 2 valves. Can you guys provide any suggestions of what it can be or location of the low pressure valve on a 2014 Chrysler 300S V6.

I have a newborn need to get this fix before this Texas heat gets worst.

Thank you

Old 05-27-2019, 06:43 AM

Not Freon or anything to do with compressor. Issue is in the air handler having to do with valves
, doors, etc. You need expert help.
BTW - what year and model is your car?

Old 05-28-2019, 10:26 PM
Exclamation

Hi thank you for your response. So after wasting a whole weekend trying R134a adapters turns out my system is running R1234yf Refrigerant. Not a lot of shops can perform any diagnostics other than a Chrysler Dealer about an hour away.I would like to just check the PSI pressure. I have a 2014 Chrysler 300.

Is this a good chart to reference :https://mdhmotors.com/wp-content/upl...ance-chart.jpg

Old 05-29-2019, 07:24 AM

I'm trying to tell you that if you have cold air from 1 or more vents (as you stated) the issue is not freon/refrigerant. Stop wasting time trying to recharge the system. You will just screw it up for when a pro gets to it.
Did ya not read me first response?

Old 05-29-2019, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator

You are infact not correct low freon at the right amount will cause cool air on one side and not the other. Only way you would have a temperature difference on two sides would be if you have dual air controls for each side.

Old 05-29-2019, 01:36 PM

60 degrees on one side vs 78 degrees on the other? Come on now. My money is on an actuator valve/solenoid/sensor failure, if Calcula12 ever gets the car to a pro and reports back to us.
Well OK. I'm not betting too much money here against the word of "CHRYSLER TECH" but let's say a nickel or two. "simile face".

Old 05-29-2019, 02:23 PM

Chrysler Tech is VERY MUCH CORRECT and even stated the only "qualifier" for any other possibility...IF it has dual front zone HVAC. Much like the opposite complaint for heat in the 300 and 200/Avenger, LOW refrigerant level will do as the OP has stated. The "fly in the ointment" is the lack of resources for working with the new A/C formulation....VERY EXPENSIVE!!! and dangerous for the untrained with it due to flammability and much higher pressures the system runs on.

Old 05-29-2019, 09:38 PM

Hi my car does have a dual air controls, I am not a pro but did want to try a rule out anything before taking it to the dealer to diagnose. I have not recharge the system or ran any form of product all i wanted to do is get a pressure reading

Please see attached https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w8f...ew?usp=sharing

Would Greatly appreciate any feed back, its not a Gauge issue if anything im considering it being a Adapter issue but im just guessing now.

Old 05-31-2019, 10:15 PM
Super Moderator

you got the 1234yf adaptors ? if that reading is correct thats all kinda low freon the high side and low side should be 100 with the system off. with on that should be low around 35 to 45 and high in the 200 300 range if not more with the new stuff. I have yet to get any new ac stuff not planning on messing with it until it comes down alot due to the cost of a can now a days like 80 bucks an lb ouch,

Old 06-03-2019, 01:12 AM

Thank you guys for your replys so I took my car to a shop to run an AC performance diagnostics preasure reading where 22 low and 160 high so Its a bit low. The picture I had attached had faulty adapters since I did not get a reading on high side on previous reply. They also perform an electrical diagnostics and found some issues with my sunload sensor and recirculation actuator error. My car does not have any clicking noice to Identify which one is bad. I'm took apart the bottom of portion on the passenger side , since that's the side that has a the heat issue and found both actuators. Should I just replace both or can one cause the issue for both passenger side vents blow hot and if so how can I diagnose. Is the sunload sensor crucial for me to replace immediately as well?

Quick Reply: Driver Side Blows Cold Air Passenger Side Blows Hot