Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 The flagship of the Chrysler lineup offers the driver every bit of class of any European luxury sedan, combined with the availability of the Hemi, the engine which dominated the American Muscle Car Era

Driver Side Blows Cold Air Passenger Side Blows Hot

Old 06-03-2019, 06:47 AM

Well I told you so, but wait, I'm not supposed to say that. Even a Blind pig and all -------- LOL

Anyway, I'm still of the opinion that you should get this car to a trained expert. The time and money, not to mention blind alleys, will drive you nuts and cost a pant full of cash, over and above what the dealer or "Chrysler Tech" would have charged you.

Concrats on closing in on the problem. You got more grit and patience than most of us. BTW Chrysler Tech, you owe me a cup of coffee next time I'm thru Atl.

Last edited by tarhealcracker; 06-03-2019 at 06:49 AM.
Old 07-31-2021, 02:19 PM
Default Same issue, dealer today

Originally Posted by calcala12
Thank you guys for your replys so I took my car to a shop to run an AC performance diagnostics preasure reading where 22 low and 160 high so Its a bit low. The picture I had attached had faulty adapters since I did not get a reading on high side on previous reply. They also perform an electrical diagnostics and found some issues with my sunload sensor and recirculation actuator error. My car does not have any clicking noice to Identify which one is bad. I'm took apart the bottom of portion on the passenger side , since that's the side that has a the heat issue and found both actuators. Should I just replace both or can one cause the issue for both passenger side vents blow hot and if so how can I diagnose. Is the sunload sensor crucial for me to replace immediately as well?
First off, personal experience, low freon can cause hot passenger side. Charger did it, 300s did it, fair assumption that this may be a starting point.
I've changed the sun sensor and removed glove box to view the actuators. All seem to respond to the controls. "Auto" may be the next step. Temp sensor on the passenger side? There's a B11CA code in the Climate Control system. Dealer might need to recalibrate the blend circuit. 🤷🏻‍♂️ We'll see. I'll try to get back here with the findings.

Old 04-11-2022, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by calcala12
Thank you guys for your replys so I took my car to a shop to run an AC performance diagnostics preasure reading where 22 low and 160 high so Its a bit low. The picture I had attached had faulty adapters since I did not get a reading on high side on previous reply. They also perform an electrical diagnostics and found some issues with my sunload sensor and recirculation actuator error. My car does not have any clicking noice to Identify which one is bad. I'm took apart the bottom of portion on the passenger side , since that's the side that has a the heat issue and found both actuators. Should I just replace both or can one cause the issue for both passenger side vents blow hot and if so how can I diagnose. Is the sunload sensor crucial for me to replace immediately as well?

So what was the resolution to this issue?
I’m expirencing the exact same thing with my 300.

Old 07-21-2022, 02:08 AM
Default A\C only blowing one side or just hot.. FML.. Read Me I can Help

It's your ac actuators.. MAKE SURE YOU DISCONNECT BATTERY BEFORE PLAYING AROUND..AIRBAGS HURT... Grab a few lights so you can see good...dual has two on each side..drivers side control temp for that side and modes.. passenger as well as temp and mode.. if replacing replace all... Passenger side easiest but undoing plug and play is a bitch... I would also suggest on investing in smallest ratchet and I believe it's a t20 torx... passenger side you open the door and on the inner part of the dash, pop off the siding piece there.. there's two screws to take out..then open glove box and on the right side you see a clip, un clip it.. then underneath the glove you'll see wat looks like a rug divider in bottom of glove..gently pop out the 4 tabs and unplug light. then there are about 6 screws that go around the parimater of the glove box.. unscrew... Then with paneling tool in between the top of glove and dash gently go around parimater popping the clips.. slowly release, there's a plug and play for the light that's in the glove box ... Now with glove and out you shall be able to see & access both actuators... Then repeat steps to put together.

​​​​​​ Drivers side is little more difficult sense even taking off paneling still small area.. Same thing as passenger side there's a panel between door and dash..pop it off..should be two screws again.. Same as passenger side look under where pedals are and the rug panel thing is there also so pop that off as well..it has the plug and play light too.. then take paneling tool and gently starting prying the seam where paneling by knees and under steering wheel are.. gently pop that off and now I'd suggest taking a Picture because you are going to have to unplug all the plugs hooked to the paneling..don't panic it's pretty self explanatory..only one that's tricky is the one closes to the door has a bunch of smaller color coded plugs you may need that eyeglass flat head for again. If anything definitely take a picture of that so you know exactly how it goes back together now get yaself under there and just like passenger side the actuators are going to be on the rights side of the middle column.. but like I said it's tight in there and litter tricker to get...your going to get pissed and frustrated a handful of times but go cool off and come back and remember that you can do this and **** dealer or mechanic gonna charge for minimum $1,000 just for what you doing....all about feel tbh make sure you have a few lights so you can see.. remember to plug in the top one before you install the new one.. sense the top is going to be the worst out of them all.. improvise a d maybe have some tape handy to help hold screw to bit when installing... overcome-and-adapt LMFAO 🤣 ....Mopar discontinued actuators but local shops have newer models.. they look similar but plug and play is different... But they do plug in .. Amazon You can get two for $20-$30 & all 4 for under $100 just shop around... All 3 are interchangeable except one passenger side.. bring with you to local shop to match. To fix the recirculating button ( if your button is no longer available on the uConnect or when you press the button it just flashes and turns off) you will need to replace the Humidity Sensor... Which is above the rear view mirror on the Right Hand Side.. also a plug and play.. around $50-$80 depends where you go expensive lil thing.. be careful popping out.. you only get the sensor or spending way more money on the insert the sensor plugs into. And be gentle unplugging the sensor too. Chrysler tends to make the plug & plays child and adult proof. Use an eyeglass flathead for assistance. That will fix your recirculation button and now can avoid those nasty 18 wheeler exhaust and colder AC... You may need to too off refrigerant sense tinkering with the actuators may loose a little or depending where you live cold weather and excess heat will make the tiny tiny tiny seal lose fluid.. the seal is like the bike tires or air valve on tires.. meaning same concept they have that little insert that screws in to help keep air from leaking .. then connect your refrigerant seeing if levels are good.. add what's needed with vehicle on with front doors open, a/c on highest level, and coldest temp... While putting refrigerant in, move the can .. kinda like shaking a spray paint can but not as crazy.. side to side motions to have a good flow... Vaaaaaaaaa-Laaaaaa you should be riding in style now in your new Chrysler 300f [ Chrysler Freezer Series]... Well I hope this helps at least one person fix their problem... If don't have the parts right away and waiting for them to come in or what not.. u can manually close the vents that not working and have it stuck in Cold until you fix properly fix it.. but this is temporary and a bandaid not for long term use. The bottom actuators on the both sides of you reach to them the mechanism moves up and down.. close and will be stuck on Cold.. vice versa... Hope this helps...

2012 AWD Chrysler 300c Luxury Edition 5.7L V8 Hemi <----Gotta love her..she sometimes needs some extra loving LMFAO 🤣🤣