Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 The flagship of the Chrysler lineup offers the driver every bit of class of any European luxury sedan, combined with the availability of the Hemi, the engine which dominated the American Muscle Car Era

Looking to buy a 300c but have a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 02:40 AM
Default Looking to buy a 300c but have a few questions

so ive been reading the boards for a little while and researching this car and all for a while. But lemme give ya a little back story

I started with a 04 SI, then a '00 ranger, then sold that and got a '93 wrangler and a 04 ninja500, crashed the ninja bought a ninja750 and got a mr2 for free (didnt run)...having the mr2 made me want to get a sports car again so I fixed up the mr2 and sold it and bought a 2001 honda s2000. But lately the s2k has been anoying me cause its been in the shop and on top of all that having only two seats and no room for anything is starting to **** me off alot. Even though Ive put a good deal of money in it Im getting tired of not even being able to fit a set of golf clubs in the back and I want something more luxurious (sp?).

SO anyway I been debating a 300c....But from what Im reading it seems like it has a good deal of transmision problems, also are there a good deal of aftermarket things available and is there a good community around this car? With the s2k group we have two trips a year up to deals gap to run the dragon and all that.....do yall get together and have huge meets and go do track days or run the dragon up there or anything???

any info on anything regarding this car would be greatly appreciated.

thank you, Mark

Old 11-14-2006, 01:21 PM
Default RE: Looking to buy a 300c but have a few questions

the aftermarket is kind of strange for the chrysler 300. you can get intakes, exhausts, chips, and all sorts of body modifications, but the aftermarket is still lacking in performance parts such as transmission mods and rear gears.

going from an S2000 (a very small car) to a fullsize sedan like a 300 is a big step. i'm 6 foot 2 (i'm sure you're shorter than that if you fit in/drive an s2k) and my 300 makes me feel small.

as far as a good community/internet group for these cars, i've yet to find it. this is no jeep forum.

Old 11-15-2006, 04:35 PM

Allow me to introduce you to 300C Forums and LX Forums as more active on-line communities than this site. Although, please... I am NOT knocking this site... it just seems to be way less active in this forum.

Jet Chip and SuperChips have provided some modifications to what we disaffectionately call HAL the car's computer which is on top of everything. And I believe there are additional things coming from HyperTech and B&G. There was a project to completely open and access HAL for those who wanted superiority, but the development was shutdown by legal action (not saying or knowing who).

Performance gains can be had via CAIs (if they are truely big enough) and opening up the exhaust side of the engine with headers and free flowing pipes, etc.

As far as I know there is NOTHING at the moment with respect to change of gearing.

With respect to gatherings for the LX platform, there are lots. A major one in the spring in S. Calif. Last year involving something like 350 LX vehicles from all over the country. There was an SRT8 national meet in KC this summer. There is a big meet annually for the northeast (Englishtown, NJ). And the first ever grean southeastern shindig was held in August, IIRC, in Atlanta (or near there).

Hope that helps... and be seein' ya around.

Old 02-21-2007, 01:42 AM

Take Goofy's advice....'Nuff Said..

I make Engine Covers,email for information ...sreeves15@comcast.net
[8D]