Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 The flagship of the Chrysler lineup offers the driver every bit of class of any European luxury sedan, combined with the availability of the Hemi, the engine which dominated the American Muscle Car Era

after market performance exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 08:07 PM
Default after market performance exhaust

any sugestions on after market exhaust, i installed a jba cat back and the interior resonance is just BRUTAL, any ideas or knowledge of other systems that work better, turbo, or chamber muffs? Paul

Old 02-21-2007, 01:57 AM
Default RE: after market performance exhaust

I removed the complete OEM exhaust from Cat back, and replaced with
the Flowmaster Delta 50 Series, I also added a 12" glasspack muffler to each side.
The sound is good, a nice low growl at idle, a deep rumble at Wide Open Throttle-WOT.
The interior drone when MDS kicks in is almost non existant.
Just MY Personal Opinion.
Stan

Old 03-02-2007, 11:56 AM

Hello to all Forum members, I'm a new member. (I love my "300C") but I have been having problems with the tires which are Continental since I bought my car in October 04'.The tires began "cupping" right away andof course created tire road noise. After 6000 miles and several trips to Chrysler, they replaced two of the tires and checked the alignment which was in specs. A couple more trips to Chrysler and finally at 23000 miles they did adjust the alignment and toe. My concern is will this continue afterI purchase new tires? Also I use Michelintires but I'm told that they do not make a tire that fits the 18 inch tire on the 300C. I would appreciate any input on this subject.

Thanks,

MoparMan

Old 03-02-2007, 03:05 PM

ORIGINAL: MoparMan

Hello to all Forum members, I'm a new member. (I love my "300C") but I have been having problems with the tires which are Continental since I bought my car in October 04'.The tires began "cupping" right away andof course created tire road noise. After 6000 miles and several trips to Chrysler, they replaced two of the tires and checked the alignment which was in specs. A couple more trips to Chrysler and finally at 23000 miles they did adjust the alignment and toe. My concern is will this continue afterI purchase new tires? Also I use Michelintires but I'm told that they do not make a tire that fits the 18 inch tire on the 300C. I would appreciate any input on this subject.

Thanks,

MoparMan
You're asking about tires in a PERFORMANCE EXHAUST thread? What's up with that? Oh well... maybe... you'll come back. Just curious as to what your car's build date is... check the driver's door sticker and tell us what your MDH code is. Early build cars in '04 had a problem with "right pull" and there was a TSB (Tech. Service Bulletin) about that involving both a change in alignment specs and an adjustment to the engine cradle if memory serves.

I had an June '06 built car, that I purchased used in Sept. '05, and it never exhibited any of this kind of thing. Traded it for an '07 Magnum SRT8 about a month ago and at just under 30-k miles, there was plenty of good wear left on the Conti Self-seals. So it's more about the mechanics of alignment than it is about the source of the rubber IMO.