Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 The flagship of the Chrysler lineup offers the driver every bit of class of any European luxury sedan, combined with the availability of the Hemi, the engine which dominated the American Muscle Car Era

Mich

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 03:27 PM
Smile Mich

my son have a 2006 Chrysler 300t, and I loaner my diagnostics OBT II tool, he pull 2 codes, 1.- P 2638 and 2.- P 2173, now how I can check this sensors, and where this sensor are located, I just to be a Tech with Chrysler until 1998, or whay is the next proceed.

Thanks.

Mich
Tuolumne, Ca.

Old 09-17-2010, 08:22 PM
Super Moderator

I am gonna haft to say this just because u are a former tech one question how much oil goes into a XXXX engine??? and what kinda 300 is it?? what engine size????

Old 09-19-2010, 07:57 PM

Chrysler Tech.

Ok I answered your question, according to the shop is 5.5 qts. then is a 3.5L & 300T
remember Chrysler take over American motors, Jeep, I just to work on Jeeps, also some Chrysler and I my major training was at Ontario, Ca. like I said before I stop working on 09/98, so please any tip(s) for this 2 codes. Thanks.

Mich

Old 09-19-2010, 11:26 PM
Super Moderator

P2173-HIGH AIRFLOW/VACUUM LEAK DETECTED (SLOW ACCUMULATION

P2638-TORQUE MANAGEMENT FEEDBACK SIGNAL PERFORMANCE
Theory of Operation
The Transmission Control Module (TCM) requests torque reductions over the CAN bus during a transmission shift to improve shift quality. The TCM verifies that the PCM / ECM has performed the requested torque reduction by monitoring the response to the request. If the response is not within a specified tolerance, the TCM increments a counter, and if this counter reaches a threshold, the DTC sets.

When Monitored:
Engine intervention active for at least 20 ms, no engine torque errors, engine torque demand is greater than 0.

Set Condition:
Torque Reduction acknowledge bit - not set, no shift aborts, the error flag Torque Reduction Acknowledge is not set, Powertrain controller not supporting torque requests.

Possible Causes
CAN BUS CIRCUIT DTC PRESENT
TRANSMISSION CONTROL MODULE
POWERTRAIN / ENGINE CONTROL MODULE