Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 The flagship of the Chrysler lineup offers the driver every bit of class of any European luxury sedan, combined with the availability of the Hemi, the engine which dominated the American Muscle Car Era

New with lots of questions

Old 10-17-2006, 07:37 PM
Default New with lots of questions

I purchased a 2005 Chrysler 300 Touring about a year ago.

I love the car, but now suddenly I'm starting to feel nervous.

It's only got 12,000 miles on it. And it's been in the dealer service center for the last 2 weeks.

The engine light comes on. It's started idling rough. At first they said carbon build up. Then I started looking things up online and only after I started asking specific questions did they even acknowledge that it was a known problem.

Then I mention that it makes this popping snap noise on the right side of the dash. The service guy acted like he'd never heard of it before. I look it up online and it's a known issue.

I told them it seems to not shift when accelerating. Again, no forthcoming information from the service people. But now I look it up online and there are other complaints for this as well.

I'm seriously starting to wonder if I made a bad choice on this car.

Is there a place were I can look up any officer "Chrysler" information about what I should be looking for? Do I have options? And should I pursue them now rather than waiting for the warrantee to wear out?

Suggestions and advice would be welcome.

Old 10-18-2006, 04:46 PM
Default RE: New with lots of questions

I have 2005 Chrysler touring for year and a half last week I can't open doors with remotes and nothing works when you have key on accessory plus when you shut off ignition there is no delay anymore as far as radio or headlamps staying on till you open door.

Old 10-19-2006, 12:56 PM
Administrator

Welcome to CF, I'm moving this to the proper section...

Old 10-25-2006, 02:02 PM

Don't know if you're still around, but it sounds like you have more dealer service issues than car issues (not to discount your car issues!). Try to find another dealer with a better service department. I am fortunate that my local dealer in WV provides good customer support and service. Continue to use on-line resources to keep informed about your car, and the issues it may have... and let us know how it turns out.