Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Lots of problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 11:47 AM
Default Lots of problems

I own a 2004 Sebring Convertible which I bought new. I am having lots of problems and am wondering if anyone else has had the same problem and if so, what was done to resolve the issue. First, at times it idles like I am in a truck and a few times has died on me. Second, the outside temp display on the dash sometimes takes 4-5 miles of driving to update to the current temp. The dealer says it is supposed to work that way but when I bought the car new, it seemed to show the current outside temp when the car was started and didn't have to update. According to the dealer "it can take 8-10 minutes to update." Third, the driver's side window chatters when going up. The dealer says "the window works better than most of the new cars on the lot." Lastly, when the "heater control" (for lack of a better name to call it) is set to "heat" (or to come out by my feet), the air will come out by my feet AND through the defrost vent (as if it is set to heat/defrost but it is not). The dealer says "20% of the air is supposed to come out through the defrost vent."

Has anyone else had these problems and if so, what was done to resolve the issues?

Old 02-17-2006, 01:20 AM
ace
Default RE: Lots of problems

i dont own one myself but the defrost issue sounds about right if no air was coming up on the windsheild you would get the window fogging up.
As far as the idling if you have a 2.4 engine dcx had an isssue with spark plugs they started replacing them with a hotter plug to stop something cold fouling or some bs but the tsb is 08-008-004 new plugs and wires are used to fix it
the window problem may be fixed with a lubricant dcx has p# 5019061aa at least thats what they have in their tsb 23-028-03
i love tsb's they give away all the tricks to cars.
i cannot find anything on the temp sensor but they might be right their i could not tell you for sure did you check your owners manuel that might say

good luck

Old 03-02-2006, 05:09 PM
Default RE: Lots of problems

My sebring did the same thing I asked the dealer to fix it and he did. He also told me it was one of those situations that if you dont say anything about it they will not do anything about it. The temp sensor issue is correct and the ratio of floor to defrost is also correct.