Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 The flagship of the Chrysler lineup offers the driver every bit of class of any European luxury sedan, combined with the availability of the Hemi, the engine which dominated the American Muscle Car Era

Remote starter not working

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 11:26 PM
Default Remote starter not working

Hi,
I had an alarm and Remote starter installed on my 300, and it worked while at the installers, but then I didn't use the remote starter for about a month, now that its getting colder I thought I'd try it and it only lights up the dash for about 10 seconds, does NOT start the car, then the dash goes dark again. I will take it back to the installer next month when I get a day off, but any suggestions on why this wouldn't be working???

The alarm part works fine.

Thanks, Tracy

Old 11-16-2005, 11:09 AM
Default RE: Remote starter not working

no

Old 10-13-2006, 01:26 PM
Default RE: Remote starter not working

tracey, I had the Auto Start installed in my 300C. The day that I picked the car up from the dealer I had nothing but problems with the autostart. Sometimes it would work other times when I would start the car using the autostart the entire car would vibrate like it was going to fall apart. And it was embrassin because it was a brand new car and people just went bonkers over the car. So I would be nerves about starting the car with the autostart when people were around, for fear that it would start vibrating.
After 6 trips to the service department(first trip a week after purchasing) and two different Chrysler Engineers coming out to check the probelm twice. Of this was after I had submitted paperwork for the lemon law. The only reason they gave me is that the software was not compatable with the HEMI. And the only thing they could do was take the autostart out of the car and give me my money back. So I am just hoping you had it done by a Chrysler Service Dept.
For all my aggravation I ended up with an extended warrenty.