Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

2009 Aspen Front Center Console Climate/Blower, 115v and 12v not working

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 01:25 PM
Default 2009 Aspen Front Center Console Climate/Blower, 115v and 12v not working

I just bought this 2009 Aspen with 55k on it. Looks and drives great. I neglected to check function of the front center console rear climate control/blower, the 115v and the 12v inside the console. On a trip this weekend I find out none of those are working.

I got the climate/blower control module out and made sure it was connected and clean. Same with the 115v right below it. I got curious and tested the 12v in the console and its not working either.

I looked at fuses (although I see no fuses directly related to the rear climate/blower controls and just one fuse for the power inverter that is good. I promise 100% the orange light is on the 115V option (next to power adjust pedals).

I doubt one fuse controls all this and I can see that it looks like the 12v is not in the same harness as the 115 and climate/blower module.

I would really appreciate any information anyone can give/suggest. I am at a loss why every function is dead in the front console...I'm hoping it something common one of you knows to check.

Thanks in advanced.

PS 2009 Aspen, 5.7 Hemi, AWD/4WD, UConnect RER 730, Triple Zone heater control with Auto, Tow Package, heated seats. Just in case any of that information helps.

Old 06-21-2017, 05:26 AM

Never came across that, but I've got to say, it sounds like you've got an entire wire harness disconnected somewhere for the rear console. Maybe not in the back where you checked it, but further up the line under the dash. Like you, I find it hard to believe one fuse would control all three different components.

Old 06-21-2017, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by calamity coyote
Never came across that, but I've got to say, it sounds like you've got an entire wire harness disconnected somewhere for the rear console. Maybe not in the back where you checked it, but further up the line under the dash. Like you, I find it hard to believe one fuse would control all three different components.
Thanks Coyote!!

I have been trying to figure out the route of the harness.

As I mentioned above, to me, it looks like the 12v does not ride the same harness (looks independent when looking inside the Console with blower controls and 115v taken out).

I wish I knew the path of the harness (and 12v if indeed separate) and the termination point. I assume it is the middle of the dash...although there are some large connections under the driver's dash (pedal area).

I'm gonna give the forum a couple more days and then hit up the dealership in my area. Also, I may hit up the Dodge Durango forum since it looks to me everything is the same at a base level (chassis, wiring, etc).

Old 06-22-2017, 05:29 AM

Yes, the second gen Durango's are basically the same as our Aspens. Just slightly different cosmetically. My Haynes shop manual I use is for the Durango as they don't make one for the Aspen.