Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Anyone try using a performance chip?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 09:39 AM
Default Anyone try using a performance chip?

I saw one from Jet. It is 250 bucks, and I am wondering if it is worth it and what gains you got.

Thanks

Old 09-17-2008, 05:35 PM
Default RE: Anyone try using a performance chip?

I was suckered into the 9.99 and 19.99 versions on ebay. Both bypass your mass-flow air sensor and fool the ECU into thinking the air is cool, setting advance and mixture as such.

Neither worked, and one tripped the check engine light. Luckily I have a code computer and could reset and remove.

Beware.

Old 09-17-2008, 06:52 PM

the hemi has got all the power i needand with the highgas pricessometimes that is to much.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:47 PM

No kidding! Anyone got a fuel economy chip? lol Is the confusers in the Aspen the same as in the Rams? My buddy had a fuel economy chip in one of his Rams and found better economy, but poor power, at least to what he was used to with out the chip.

ORIGINAL: valleybill55@aol.com

the hemi has got all the power i needand with the highgas pricessometimes that is to much.

Old 09-20-2008, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator

the toss up of power and MPG will ALWAYS BE THE SAME.
This will never change with a gas burner. If u want power u will have lower MPG if u want higher MPG u will have lower power.

Old 09-20-2008, 10:53 AM

ditto, there is always a cost!

ORIGINAL: CHRYSLER TECH

the toss up of power and MPG will ALWAYS BE THE SAME.
This will never change with a gas burner. If u want power u will have lower MPG if u want higher MPG u will have lower power.

Old 06-21-2010, 08:32 AM

Not always true! I have a tuner on mine for better gas mileage and it provides more power than stock at the same time. The tune also allows me to use 87 octane now instead of 89 octane which saves money at the pump. You also have the option of buying a tuner that will let you tune for better gas mileage and then switch the tune to performance when you want. If your interesed give me a call and I'll sell you one for about $350.
760-267-3288
-Jeremy
sales@bjs-performance.com
BIG JERMS PERFORMANCE

Old 06-21-2010, 09:16 AM

I would stay way clear of the ebay scams. JET typically doesn't review well either. The SCT-type tuners are typically well-praised in most all applications.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator

BJS u cant change the laws of physics like that if U get more power u haft to use more air and fuel thus lower MPG if U get more MPG u lower the amount of fuel going into the engine its a toss up

the top fuel drags the 340 mph ones turn over 8000 HP they go through about 25 gals per run.

Last edited by CHRYSLER TECH; 06-21-2010 at 08:53 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by bjs-performance
Not always true! I have a tuner on mine for better gas mileage and it provides more power than stock at the same time. The tune also allows me to use 87 octane now instead of 89 octane which saves money at the pump. You also have the option of buying a tuner that will let you tune for better gas mileage and then switch the tune to performance when you want. If your interesed give me a call and I'll sell you one for about $350.
760-267-3288
-Jeremy
sales@bjs-performance.com
BIG JERMS PERFORMANCE
I don't buy it.

1. You're trying to sell a product.

2. If there was a way through simple programming to increase MPG and power, it would already be programmed that way.

If you've found a way to get more power with lower octane and better mileage, there has to be a trade-off somewhere. Engine longevity is probably one of them.

Quick Reply: Anyone try using a performance chip?