Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Anyone try using a performance chip?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 06:23 AM

These are dyno proven tunes developed by companies like Superchips and Hypertech. Call them and ask them. Trust me when I tell you that my Aspen has much better gas mileage with the programmer and has better pick-up than stock. I don't know how they do it or why the trucks don't come like this but I can promise you it works. It's worth the money!!!

Old 06-22-2010, 11:58 AM

^which programmer did you go with or do you recommend?

Old 06-23-2010, 06:25 AM

Superchips Flashpaq 3865 or the Superchips Cortex 3950. Both have the same tunes loaded in them but the Cortex comes with a 2 year powertain warranty from Superchips. The Cortex is more money and not really worth it considering the Flashpaq does the same thing. I have a Superchips Flashpaq 3865 for sale if you are interested. It is unlocked and ready to use. I will let it go for $300. Give me a call if your interested or email me at sales@bjs-performance.com
-Jeremy
760-267-3288

Old 06-26-2010, 10:29 PM

I have nothing against this vendor, but consider that we have a Chrysler tech on the forum basically calling "BS" before sending money in for this product.

Consider that Chrysler likely tunes their engines based on a number of factors, not the least of which is expected longevity. I would love to hear from someone that's been using these chips for a few years with no negative results other than hp and mileage gain, but I doubt we'll find that person.

It's your money...

Last edited by 15951a\; 06-26-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:36 PM

If you do any mods to the car at all, it'll help. If you do nothing to a stock car, it'll help. You can get a good chip (such as from SCT - XCal is a nice chip) and get multiple tunes.

You're best bet - go to a dyno and get it dyno tuned. Do NOT use one of those cookie cutter chips with generic tunes you get off ebay. Even the generic tunes from Diablo or SCT aren't the best. They're better than nothing (especially for stock rides), but if you really want a tune specifically for the engine and drive train in your car - get a dyno tune.

You want better mileage - put in something taller than 3.92 gears. Don't hammer the gas. If you want more power - put in a true dual exhaust, put on U/D pulleys, go to a lower degree T-stat...

Old 08-11-2010, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by bjs-performance
Superchips Flashpaq 3865 or the Superchips Cortex 3950. Both have the same tunes loaded in them but the Cortex comes with a 2 year powertain warranty from Superchips. The Cortex is more money and not really worth it considering the Flashpaq does the same thing. I have a Superchips Flashpaq 3865 for sale if you are interested. It is unlocked and ready to use. I will let it go for $300. Give me a call if your interested or email me at sales@bjs-performance.com
-Jeremy
760-267-3288
Wow, doesn't sound like a "deal" to me. I can a chip with multiple tunes (for any mods I do to the car and whatever octane fuel) from SCT for the same price. Oh, and I can always get new tunes (whereas you can't necessarily with a Hypertech chip). Plus, SCT has a pretty damn good rep.

Last edited by conversion02; 08-11-2010 at 12:41 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:11 AM

The Tunes on the vehicles, CAN increase power and fuel mileage. You have to remember a little thing called timing.

Lookin' around here, trying to find a tuner for my '07 Aspen. I put the SCT tuner on my '04 SRT10 Ram, I could feel the difference, and gained about .4 miles to the gallon. All the Ram Viper guys will tell you the same thing. Yeah, not much, but the difference between 9.4, and 9.8 mpg still makes me smile a little.

Just make sure you get a company that can show you proven dyno results. Like, the CAI, you get X number of horsepower increase at 5400 rpms. When are you at 5400 rpms??? Whats the increase between 2K and 3K rpms where we spend most of our time at?

Old 10-05-2010, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

an SRT engine and a stock 4.7 or 5.7 engine are different setups
who buys a SRT engine?? humm some one that wants speed and to burn the tires so yeah U will get better performance when u mod out a well hello racing engine.

all the other engines are designed and tuned for avg people daily drivers in mind.
Thus the software is tuned already to meet that performance factors. U get a V10 or SRT 8 u dont give a **** about MPG because U wont get any.

Old 10-10-2010, 01:40 AM

I actually have the stage 1 Jet chip and at first you notice a difference as soon as you step on the gas after you install it. better response atleast for the sluggish 4.7L. Overall I gained on avg 2 more mpg. The biggest con to this chip is that over time the ECU will override the chip & return to stock. Just disconnect & reconnect the battery & your back again. If you want extreme performance then look else where but for a daily drive wanting a few more hp & mpg...it's not bad.

Originally Posted by HotSS
I saw one from Jet. It is 250 bucks, and I am wondering if it is worth it and what gains you got.

Thanks

Old 10-17-2010, 12:07 PM
Default Superchips

Just purchased an 08' Aspen with a HEMI. I used to have a Dodge RAM 1500 w/HEMI so I was able to use the flashpaq tuner on the Aspen. What a difference. A lot more get up and go, we dont' do much driving so MPG is not really an issue..

Quick Reply: Anyone try using a performance chip?